Senior Software Engineer, Enterprise Platforms
- Poznań, Poland
Site Name: Poznan Business Garden
Posted Date: Sep 28 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution. Our Core Tech team believes that technology can exponentially improve anything and our mission is to provide exceptional service for all sites and applications. Join us and help empower GSK through technology.
The Senior Engineer role is a key position for the Platforms Product Engineering Team, working on laying the foundation for how GSK builds, deploys, and operates software solutions. You will work on deploying new services to environments like Kubernetes and bringing a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experimenting with, and learning new technologies.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Work as a part of an engineering team to deliver reliability, performance, and efficiency on all projects
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Develop automated solutions and integrations to enable fluid self-service flows
- Continuously and proactively identify and develop areas to improve monitoring/alerting, reliability, performance, and automation
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Automate away the process of managing capacity, safely deploy software, and mitigate system failures
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Advanced experience in programming languages such as NodeJS and Python
- Advanced experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience using git in a development team
- Experience in container technologies Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience deploying software in a DevOps pipeline
- A passionately curious mentality
- Fluent English communication skills (written and verbal)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters Degree
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or another public cloud service
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and Ansible
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company's structure
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online trainings' platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top