Senior Scientist, Innate Immunity
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Sep 1 2020
Are you interested in joining our Innate Immunity Research Unit to undertake basic and translational research to discover new targets and innovative therapeutics for the treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as related disorders?
As a Senior Scientist, Innate Immunity, you will be part of our Research Unit working in collaboration with groups across GSK R&D and world-class external partners to accelerate progress.
This laboratory-based role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Supporting GSK's research by conducting experiments using established protocols and developing new assays.
- Delivering data to enable timely decision-making by project teams.
- Communicating results to a range of internal stakeholders.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Immunology or a related discipline.
- Research experience in an academic or industry laboratory environment.
- Technical experience in immunological methods, cell culture, molecular biology and biochemical assays.
- Experience in designing, prosecuting and interpreting experimental studies.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in Immunology or a related discipline.
- Expertise in innate immune cell biology, including practical experience in the isolation, culture and manipulation of innate immune cells.
- Experience working in matrix project teams.
- Expertise in assay development and validation.
- Expertise in mast cell biology, including practical experience in the isolation, culture and manipulation of mast cells.
- Understanding of small- and/or large-molecule drug discovery.
- Previous experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
- Flexibility, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet timelines while maintaining attention to detail and high-performance standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present data to multidisciplinary teams, project leaders and senior management.
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top