Senior Scientist- Immunologist/Biologist
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: May 5 2020
Are you energized by a challenging role in biology, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Sr. Scientist, Immunologist/Biologist role would be a great opportunity to consider.
As a Sr. Scientist, Immunologist/Biologist, you will be supporting drug discovery programs with a focus on running established protocols as well as developing new assays to interrogate pharmacology of novel modulators of innate immune targets.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Be responsible for developing cell assays.
- Test of pre-clinical study samples.
- Contribute to on-going efforts in investigating biology/analytical platforms.
- Embed innovative cell analysis platforms into the department.
- Deliver, interpret and communicate complex scientific data to project/program teams.
- Expand knowledge of complex industry analysis software to enable discovery modernization.
- Engage with Clinical Research Organization (CRO) partners to deliver key pre-clinical and clinical data.
- Test pre-clinical study samples from multiple animal models covering multiple Discovery Performance Units (DPUs).
- Present results at team and project meetings.
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top