Senior Scientist - Immunogenicity
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Sep 23 2019
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can use your cell culture and cellular immunology techniques to help make a profound impact on patient lives? If so, this Senior Scientist - Immunogenicity role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As Senior Scientist you will be responsible for supporting the immunogenicity risk prediction platform by applying your expertise in cell culture and cellular immunology techniques to characterize immune cell function. Your contributions to this platform will support early phase development of GSK biopharmaceuticals. This position will have impact across multiple drug development projects at GSK. You will work closely with internal (GSK) partners
Additional responsibilities may include developing cell-based immunogenicity assays to support GSK biopharmaceutical and cell therapies in clinic development.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following ...
- Design, develop, analytically qualify and troubleshoot immunogenicity prediction assays.
- Apply advanced immunological and analytical techniques to improve assay design and throughput including the use of automation where applicable.
- Technical writing (SOPs, Protocols and Reports)
- Perform analytical testing as needed
- Evaluate new platforms/technologies and develop new techniques as needed.
- Prepare scientific presentations and present work at departmental, matrix, and project team meetings.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors degree with 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in biology and biomedical sciences or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab conducting research that involves cell culture and cellular assays.
- Ability to execute experimental protocols independently for the cell-based assays
- Ability to analyze, interpret, present experimental data, and summarize results in technical reports.
- Highly motivated team player with a proactive attitude, excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Attention to detail and quality with excellent communication and documentation skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience isolating and culturing immune cells from human blood/PBMCs.
- Experience in execution of human primary cell-based ex vivo assays, particularly T cell activation and proliferation assays.
- Hands-on experience with multi-color flow cytometry, multi-parameter cell staining and using BD Diva and FlowJo software for flow cytometry analyses.
- Experience with ELISpot, AutoMACS, MultiMACS Cell24, Automation, and multiplex immunoassays as well as a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot assays are a plus.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top