- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Apr 16 2020
Are you interested in broadening your analytical technique skill set while supporting both small and large molecule portfolio?
As a Senior Scientist you will join the Mass Spectrometry & Characterization group, which characterizes therapeutic proteins in clinical development using a variety of analytical techniques. These include FTIR, CD, DSC, SEC-MALS, AUC and mass spectrometry. The group also engages in particles and aggregates characterization by MFI, FlowCam, Archimedes, and HOUND.
In addition, the group provides spectroscopy support for the small molecule portfolio with several techniques including IR, NMR, mass spectrometry, and others.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Perform assigned analytical testing within project timelines and in compliance with applicable data integrity and GMP standards.
- Provide flexible support to both the biopharmaceutical and small molecule portfolio, as necessary.
- Provide quality analytical data for inclusion in regulatory submissions.
- Represent the line function on project teams and sub-teams, as appropriate.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an analytical chemist.
- Hands-on experience in protein structure characterization using technologies such as FTIR, CD, DSC, SEC-MALS, and AUC.
- Knowledge of protein higher order structure analysis such as secondary and tertiary structure, protein folding and unfolding, protein aggregation.
- Fundamental understanding of spectroscopic techniques such as IR, UV, and CD.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience providing analytical support for GMP processes.
- Proven ability to cross-train on multiple analytical techniques.
- Some familiarity with protein degradation under forced degradation conditions including oxidation, deamidation, and aggregation. Experience executing forced degradation studies of therapeutic proteins.
- Experience participating in multidisciplinary teams, excellent communication skills, and good interpersonal behaviors.
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk. Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning. Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations. Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top