Senior Scientist, Cell Biology (Non-PhD), Oncology: GSK's Tesaro
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, USA - Massachusetts - Waltham
Posted Date: Oct 22 2019
Are you energized by a challenging role in the Oncology Synthetic Lethality Research Unit, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Senior Scientist role would be a great opportunity to consider.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following :
The successful candidate will work together with a highly motivated team to discover and develop novel oncology drugs with a clear genetic relationship to cancer. More specific activities include target validation using genetic and tool molecules to define the mechanism of action of targets and compounds using biochemical, cellular, and in vivo models. Studies will also involve identification and development of pharmacodynamic markers and assays to be used in non-clinical and clinical studies.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree and 3 years of hands-on experience at the bench in the pharmaceutical environment or a Masters degree with research in oncology related subject matter.
- Expertise in cell biology, molecular biology and/or cancer biology.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Scientific and Technical Competencies
- Proven track record in exploratory biology and hands-on laboratory contributions in the development/routine use of methods for evaluating drug molecules.
- More specific technical expertise in any or all of the following areas: Western blot, qRT-PCR, cell proliferation & apoptosis, ELISA, FACS, transfection and transduction, RNA interference (siRNA & shRNA), CRISPR, microscopy, cell-based assays, and pharmacodynamic assay development.
- Proven track record of progression of drug discovery programs from target identification, lead optimization, candidate selection to clinical translation is an advantage.
- Design and execute new and established methods and protocols related to the area of expertise.
- Independent, self-starting, and supportive of team-based research and able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Speaks, writes, and listens effectively in a variety of circumstances, sharing information and ideas with others.
- All communication is delivered with clarity, impact & passion, and tailored to the audience.
- Ensures that information is accurate & relevant by asking appropriate questions for clarification.
- Maintains composure at all times when asking or answering questions
- Listens to the views of others.
- Enable & drive change
- Creates a culture that values initiative & freedom of action & where a 'can do' attitude prevails.
Drive for Results
- Excellent record-keeping and organization skills
- Applies rigorous judgment in assessing & prioritizing the science, projects & people.
- Track record of taking intelligent risks, courage in personal decision making & willingness to be held accountable.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being. Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top