Senior Scientist, Cell Biology (Non-PhD), Oncology
- Cambridge, MA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Cambridge
Posted Date: Aug 10 2020
Are you energized by a challenging role in the Oncology Synthetic Lethality Research Unit, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Senior Scientist role would be a great opportunity to consider.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
These responsibilities include some of the following :
The successful candidate will work together with a highly motivated team to discover and develop novel oncology drugs with a clear genetic relationship to cancer. More specific activities include target validation using genetic and tool molecules to define the mechanism of action of targets and compounds using biochemical, cellular, and in vivo models. Studies will also involve identification and development of pharmacodynamic markers and assays to be used in non-clinical and clinical studies.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree
- Three years of hands-on experience at the bench in the pharmaceutical environment or a Master's degree with research in oncology related subject matter.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Expertise in cell biology, molecular biology and/or cancer biology.
- Proven track record in exploratory biology and hands-on laboratory contributions in the development/routine use of methods for evaluating drug molecules.
- More specific technical expertise in any or all of the following areas: Western blot, qRT-PCR, cell proliferation & apoptosis, ELISA, FACS, transfection and transduction, RNA interference (siRNA & shRNA), CRISPR, microscopy, cell-based assays, and pharmacodynamic assay development.
- Proven track record of progression of drug discovery programs from target identification, lead optimization, candidate selection to clinical translation is an advantage.
- Design and execute new and established methods and protocols related to the area of expertise.
- Independent, self-starting, and supportive of team-based research and able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being. Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top