Senior Scientist, Cell Biology
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: May 31 2020
A career opportunity has become available for a highly motivated cell biologist within Tissue and Cell Sciences group in Functional Genomics in Upper Providence. The department will be responsible for execution of genomic screens to identify new targets for drug discovery. Specifically, we are seeking a scientist to join the Stem Cell team where we offer:
This role will give the individual opportunity to:
- Apply molecular and cell biology expertise to new areas and in advanced/complex cellular systems
- Develop skills in hiPSC culture and differentiation
- Learn scaling of cell model generation and biological assays in support of functional genomic screens
- Present experimental methods and findings to within the group and on project teams
Specific key responsibilities will include;
- Work as a part of the team to deliver responsible tasks as identified
- Perform cell culture independently
- Perform molecular biology tasks such as cloning and PCR
- Maintain excellent experimental records
- Interface with our partners in other parts of GSK locally and in the UK
- Review literature and make suggestions as appropriate
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors degree with two years of industry experience or a Masters in a related field
- Experience as abench facing scientist looking to impact early phase discovery programs
- Cell culture experience
- Broad practical experience with molecular biology and cellular assays
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with genome editing or functional genomic screening (si/sh-RNA and/or CRISPR-Cas9)
- Experience with human induced pluripotent stem cells
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top