Senior Project Manager
- Richmond, VA
Site Name: Richmond Sherwood
Posted Date: Jun 29 2020
Are you looking to expand your expertise in project management and drive change in an environment that allows you to design novel approaches and solutions? If so, this Project Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for enabling the business unit's executive management to effectively drive change, specifically in the areas of major investments, organisational setup, and productivity improvement.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Program management
- Lead program design effort, including team resourcing and structure, governance, issue/risk escalation and decision processes, ways of working, etc.
- Work with business lead to agree creative solutions to program challenges
- Translate objectives to clear deliverables and work packages
- Manage and coordinate team members or smaller teams towards delivery
- Facilitate focused meetings towards actionable outcomes and resolutions
- Establish effective program tracking / reporting processes suitable for reporting at various management levels
- Identify and manage effectively ongoing issues and potential risks
- Change management
- Enable delivery of change through target setting, planning, tracking and reporting utilising good practical knowledge of change management techniques
- Engage and manage stakeholders; ensure effective communications plan is in place and managed on an on-going basis
- Strategy formulation
- Formulate, understand, and prioritise strategic questions and choices
- Abstract principles from findings, and translate back principles to specific actions
- Effectively identify and apply frameworks, tools and analogies
- Insightful analytics
- Disaggregate problems into components and generate clear, testable hypotheses
- Conduct targeted analytics through strong logic, resourcefulness and pragmatism
- Interpret data generating relevant insights and highlighting implications
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in science, medicine, engineering, business or finance
- Project Management experience
- Prior experience managing multiple strategy formulation, implementation and/or change programs with a track record of high achievement in this role (typically 1-3 years of experience of this kind)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MD, Science PhD, and/or MBA
- Program management courses/trainings
- Consulting/advisory experience at the junior level (e.g., through strategy role or change initiative role in industry, or in a professional services organisation)
- Experience in navigating decisions and/or execution through multiple parties in major, matrixed organisations
- Life Science Industry operational experience
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top