- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bangalore
Posted Date: Aug 13 2019
If you have strong ambition, solid technical skills and passion for innovation and global-working, and you want to make a difference to patients' lives then you could be the future of GSK's Quantitative Sciences India (QSI) department, based in Bangalore.
We are GlaxoSmithKline Asia Pvt Ltd, a world-leading Healthcare company with a mission to help people Do more, Feel better, Live longer. More than a billion patients use our products every day and we improve hundreds of millions of lives through the Sustainable Living Plan.
Our Statisticians and Programmers belong to an established and large department of GSK that has built a strong reputation over its almost 20 year's heritage. With strong leadership, rich talent and high energy levels, our staff achieve their goals both professionally and personally. They play key roles on therapeutically aligned, cross functional and global teams, supporting the design, analysis and reporting of clinical trials. The roles are diverse, exciting and rewarding and training opportunities are plentiful. There are even possibilities for International travel.
We have a number of ambitious goals to achieve in 2017, including a move to brand new state-of-the-art premises situated in the heart of Bangalore, and a significant expansion to grow the department.
Our greatest assets are our people so read on to find out more information about the range of exciting career opportunities currently available for Statisticians and Programmers with differing levels of experience; from new graduate to senior and managerial level roles. ......Are you the new talent that we're looking for? Are you the future of GSK?
- Knowledge of other SAS modules (e.g. SAS/GRAPH, SAS Output Delivery System).
- Knowledge of non-SAS programming packages/languages (e.g. Spotfire, S-Plus, R)
- A good level of understanding of the pharmaceutical regulatory and reporting processes (e.g. 21 CFR Part 11).
- Working knowledge of CDISC data standards, primarily the creation and use of ADaM datasets
- Experience of interacting with clinical study team members
- Ability to learn and apply advanced programming skills independently
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities
- Experience of the outsourcing or externalization of statistical programming work in the clinical trials setting (e.g., working with/for CROs, academic institutions)
The Senior Programmer acts as a support or lead programmer for GSK clinical trials, accountable for creating, verifying, and documenting analyses of clinical data while adhering to study protocols, analysis plans and GSK / industry standards.
- Plan and manage programming activities across multiple studies to deliver all data analysis outputs to agreed timelines and quality, (e.g., analysis datasets, tables, figures and listings for regulatory submissions and publications).
- Oversee outsourced tasks to third party vendors to meet the agreed timelines, quality and budget requirements established for the project or study.
- Implement data standards within a function, or therapeutic area in accordance with industry standards
- Responsible for programming and QC across a study/asset including submission activities adhering to relevant SOPs / policies.
- Participate in the design of other study delivery components (e.g. case report forms, study databases).
- Review and input into key study documents (e.g. SAP, CRF etc).
- Develop broader technical knowledge and expertise (e.g. UNIX scripting, computing environments).
- Provide technical advice, mentoring and training as relevant.
- Identify recurring problems and work with colleagues to initiate process improvement
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top