Senior Program Manager - Flu Vaccines
- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Jul 2 2020
Does leading, coaching and motivating a team in lab facilities to drive business and improve and promote quality excite you? If so, this could be the perfect fit for your career.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
In close partnership with the Global Marketing Director (GMD) and Vaccine Commercialization Leader (VCL), the Program Manager for the Flu Vaccines Franchise (pandemic/seasonal):
- Applies professional project and program management discipline and principles to a Life Cycle Management (LCM) program to meet the program requirements and obtain benefits and controls not available by managing program components individually
- Oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities
- Translates the strategy by applying business acumen, sound judgement and clarity of vision and integrates important cross-functional streams as well as functional projects in the Program Plan
- Is responsible for the coordinated management of multiple related streams/ projects, and in many (most) cases, ongoing operations which are directed toward common objective(s) (Brand Remit).
- Monitors and influences team performance and plan execution by driving effective teamwork, issues-risks management and timely decision-making.
- Reports on program performance at Brand Team and Vaccine Commercialization Team (VCT) level.
- Drive the creation of an integrated Program plan across GSK (R&D, Commercial, Manufacturing), with clear go/no go decision points and associated milestones, in order to support the execution of the strategy of the Flu Vaccines franchise and the delivery of the program expected benefits; Supports scenario planning to enable robust decision making through in-depth analysis of program activities.
- Integrate and control the interdependencies among program components by working in five interrelated and interdependent Program Management Performance Domains: Program Strategy Alignment, Program Benefits Management, Program Stakeholder Engagement, Program Governance, and Program Life-Cycle Management
- Work with Project Managers to ensure program strategic alignment; Oversee Streams/Project initiation, endorsement related to his/her Program. Act as Project Manager him/herself.
- Enable appropriate planning, controlling, delivery and benefits sustainment across the components within the program
- Ensure Program is resourced and funded to succeed according to plan. Consolidate, monitor and control program budget and resources based on streams/projects input. Determine and coordinate the sharing of resources among Program components to the overall benefit of the Program. May be involved in solving resource conflicts that affects multiple components of the program.
- Lead identification of issues and risks and drives resolution or mitigation through a matrix environment, effectively documenting decisions/rationale
- Responsible for stakeholder management particularly stakeholders external to the SPO organization which Program/Project Managers team belongs to.
- Support the annual review of Flu Vaccines franchise ambition/strategic focus and ensure program strategic alignment; Oversee streams/projects initiation & endorsement
- Obtain governance approval for the program by presenting the program charter/10-year plan with its high-level costs and benefits for the organization in order to receive authorization to proceed to the next phases
- Develop a high-level milestone plan using goals and objectives of the program, applicable historical information, and other available resources in order to align program with organizational/strategic direction
- Consolidate, monitor and control program cost based on streams/projects inputs
- Oversee the development and maintenance of an integrated Program Risk Register; Address program risks and issues spanning the program by identifying and selecting a course of action in order to enable continued program progress
- Identify program stakeholders and plan program communications in line with stakeholders' communication requirements; Maintain accurate program information for the use of stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a program dashboard to report on program performance at Brand/VCT level
- Manage program change in accordance with the structured program governance to resolve scope, quality, schedule, cost, and risk impacts
- Promote change and motivate the team using appropriate tools and techniques in order to increase commitment to the program objectives
- Establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies across all program components
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master's Degree/advanced Degree, with PMP certification
- Minimum 7 years pharmaceutical R&D or related industry experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrate fluency in spoken and written English, including presenting, and negotiation skills
- Very good business and financial awareness and acumen
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers/partners
- Strategic thinking
- Promoting change
- Organized, Analytic, Rigorous
- Decision making skills
- Prioritization skills
- Communication skills
- Team leadership in a matrix environment; People management skills is a plus
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top