Senior Product Manager (DevSecOps)
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Oct 21 2020
As a Senior Product Manager for the DevSecOps products in GSK's Enterprise Application Platforms organization, you will be at the forefront of working with our business partners, engineers, vendors and supporting teams to deliver a robust, well managed DevSecOps capability for the enterprise to achieve key objectives that allow our company to innovate and deliver faster, better results for patients and consumers.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Define, build and run Enterprise Platforms to accelerate Digital transformation at GSK.
- Work with GSK internal Business Unit customers, engineers and vendor partners to define the targeted software solutions needed for GSK's transformation, aligned to the Product Manager's specific Product portfolio.
- Identify key software tools and associated implementation and support needed
- Partner with customer groups and Finance to define a sustainable cost model that optimizes value for GSK businesses.
- Work across Business Units and Horizontals to define new business cases for capabilities while also continuing to refine and update existing business cases.
- Build and/or Facilitate the appropriate steering committees for your products, comprised of engineering, design and product leaders from across GSK.
- Using a combination of inputs, develop and continually refine the Roadmap for the Product or Portfolio of Products and update stakeholders via Steering Committee and EAP Finance updates.
- Establish clear links to the IPT+C objectives of our company, the broader Tech organization and department for all of your Products and Epics within your roadmap. .
- Define and establish production monitoring and metrics to address these purposes: production reliability trending, product adoption, value derived by Business Units, all compared against baseline expectations.
- Using the metrics available, identify problem areas and work with Design and Engineering to establish paths to resolution.
- Effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders, product owners and teams to help them understand the product's key capabilities and benefits; understand their needs to enhance adoption of product and to efficiently manage the distribution of project work including backlog items to development teams.
- Using the product roadmap, develop investment plans that are verified with management and build quarterly budget requests for capital funding as required to deliver on commitments.
- Working across engineering and business partners, understand and forecast expected budget needs and work with partners and finance to sustainably fund any incremental needs.
- Plan and prioritize Agile/Scrum product feature backlog and development for GSK's digital products.
- Utilize Agile methodologies including Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban and keep up to date with best practices and new trends.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of Release or Sprint Goals for projects and related products.
- Lead the planning of product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities, monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards and cost targets are met.
- Maintain program objectives, success measurements or key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Participate in releasing planning, demonstrations, and retrospectives with development teams.
- Participate in industry conferences and seminars and keep abreast of changes and trends in the marketplace; educate colleagues, partners, and customers as appropriate.
- Serve as a mentor to other members of Product Management community
- Must be fluent in use of Jira and Confluence and using those to build and manage backlogs of work for the products and team(s) owning those products.
- Must be a beacon of positivity, embodying a can-do attitude and willingness to understand diverse perspectives from across disciplines and Business Unit Tech groups while driving to consensus so that we may deliver better solutions.
- Work across our Engineering and Design teams and BU's to build customer and stakeholder support for our product roadmaps and decisions to optimize for what best meets GSK business needs. Be willing to productively challenge investment decisions and help redirect investments as the landscape within GSK and broadly in Tech evolves.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree(or foreign equivalent)
- 5 years of experience as a Product Manager or comparable years of experience in these roles: Product Manager, Software Engineer, Scrum Master.
- Experience working in SaaS and Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP etc.) based products.
- Experience with agile software development practices (e.g., SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, Lean Agile).
- Experience using (and owning) Source Code Management tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
- Experience using (and owning) Continuous Integration environments such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Experience withAutomation testing frameworkssuch as Selenium, Puppeteer, Cypress, Cucumber
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Certifications: Agile, Product Management, Scrum Product Owner
- Collaborate effectively using work management tools like Jira, Rally, Confluence, SharePoint etc.
- Proven ability to negotiate a backlog with engineers and senior leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and make critical decisions
- Proven success developing and presenting to Executive audiences to drive alignment and further develop support for the Product(s) you are accountable for
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated track record of delivering large, cross-functional, complex software products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and flexible to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excited to operate independently in an environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving
- Passionate about quality
- Experience driving a global product and team with end-to-end inbound and outbound product responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Experience leading solutions to meet needs across a global enterprise
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code with Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Self-Starters who have experience building strong business cases and aligning diverse stakeholders toward a unified product vision are encouraged to apply.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top