Senior Product Designer, Clinical Solutions
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Nov 4 2019
Are you highly self-motivated, forward-thinking and like to explore new ways of applying existing and new technologies to solve Business problems? Do you understand the importance of prioritising according to business value and can communicate with stakeholders? Do you have an interest in applying modern technology to GSKs Clinical Trials, to enable GSK to derive greater insights, reduce risk and optimise cost and timelines?
We'd like to hear from you if you think you might make a good fit!
R&D Tech strive to deliver products and services to our R&D customers that meet the needs of the business whilst being intuitive, efficient, effective and satisfying to use. We require a Product Designer with an interest in business- and user-centred analysis, and an appreciation for design and process improvement, to join our Product Team. They will help deliver better user experiences and business processes within our application portfolio, identifying opportunities to improve systems and processes whilst advocating a user-centred focus within Agile ways of working.
About the Clinical Solutions Program and Study Design Team in R&D Tech
Our team has several focus areas including solutions aligned to design elements of a development program or clinical study. Trends towards data driven design and new data sources gives us an exciting opportunity to further empower our physicians and scientists to determine the best ways to rigorously test our products and make them market ready.
Complementing this, we work with study teams to experiment and explore new and innovative ways of designing and delivering studies, leveraging digital technologies and modern platforms to increase study effectiveness.
Lastly, we play an important role partnering with our Oncology, Global Health and Key Pipeline Medicine Teams delivering solutions to meet their unique needs.
The R&D Tech Product Designer role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Optimizing the delivery of business value through business partnering, process improvement, user research and user-centered design.
- Performing user research through qualitative enquiry, quantitative data analysis and user testing within the R&D customer base of this product area.
- Obtaining a solid understanding of the business domain and processes within a product area, capturing user goals, needs and expectations and translating these into personas, journeys and user stories that drive towards improvements.
- Driving process optimization through process modelling and service design, taking into consideration the product strategy and system and data landscapes.
- Driving experience design activities to improve user interfaces and task flows through wireframing, prototyping and ideation workshops.
- Working closely with the Product Owner and other members of the product team, with a clear focus on delivering value quickly while helping to steer the product area towards business- and user-centered improvements.
- Engaging with the R&D Tech UX & Design Team to support the maturity of UX and Design across R&D Tech, specifically working with other UX practitioners and sharing experiences.
- Partnering with the business area to understand their challenges and needs, whilst working to manage system and process changes within these user groups, helping ensure smooth deployments and satisfied customers.
- Keeping up with internal and external trends in your product area, including mobile, wearables and social media.
- The position involves a large amount of influencing and communication to individual contributors, lower/mid-management and external partners across the organization to apply product analysis and design in a business context with deep analytical and meaningful insights.
PLEASE NOTE: This person can be based at our Upper Providence site, Stevenage site or GSK House.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 2 years' experience in working in an IT product related industry, with experience in IT software analysis, design and delivery, with awareness of the UX space, particularly areas of user research, experience design and service design.
- Practical experience in software design and delivery (both analytical and technical) along with interest in the UX space is the core capability of this role.
- Bachelor's degree
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- This role requires an understanding of UX & Design skills, which is a specialized area combining creativity, psychology and IT
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top