Senior Procurement Manager: Global Enterprise Applications
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Sep 18 2020
Senior Procurement Manager - Global Enterprise Applications
Due to an internal move we have a vacancy available for a Senior Procurement Manager in our Tech organisation.
As Senior Procurement Manager you will ensure creation and execution of comprehensive global sourcing strategies for the assigned Tech spend categories or sub-categories. You will manage senior stakeholder relationships and engagement at VP and SVP level in a matrix environment sitting on one of the Tech Leadership Teams, creating and executing global strategies effectively, in close collaboration with regional Procurement teams.
This role will help you develop your procurement capabilities by offering real opportunities to drive efficiency, optimization and transformation as we go through separation of Consumer Healthcare business. You will be highly visible and critical to driving the transformation as a team player together with the tech procurement team. A transformation of this scale is unique and will put you in good stead to develop yourself as a procurement leader. You will be a supported and valued member of the Tech Procurement Team.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leveraging deep category and market expertise of Global Enterprise Applications and IT Services landscape
- Operating in a truly global manner, representing procurement on the Global Application and Development Tech Leadership team
- Play an active role is defining tech procurement strategy to support and enable corporate separation of Consumer Health business within Global Application and Development Tech Function
- Utilizing GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
- Engaging and building strategic relationships with key senior stakeholders and business partners in GSK
- Understanding the business requirements of key stakeholders and business partners and positioning the Procurement value proposition
- Delivering the needs of key stakeholders and business partners through creation and execution of global sourcing strategies
- Identifying and delivering business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
- Ensuring financial benefit delivered is recognized by affected stakeholder communities and Finance groups to allow benefit capture and transparent decision making on how benefits are allocated by the business units, in line with the Spend Management Framework
- Leading, developing and managing the supply base, globally, for the in scope spend categories
- Building and leading effective strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Driving sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Degree level qualification
- Relevant previous experience in Tech procurement covering Software and Professional Services
- Track record of driving transformation or strategy with a strategic mindset
- Use of strategic thinking to build relationship (with stakeholders and suppliers) and create sourcing plans
- Proven negotiations and contract management skills; adept at challenging suppliers in the tech space
- English proficiency (written and oral)
- Strong leadership & communication skills; ability to manage senior stakeholders and hold yourself in a high challenge, high trust environment
If you possess any of the following, it would be a plus
- Master's Degree Business Administration/Finance/Marketing
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top