Site Name: Poznan Grunwaldzka
Posted Date: Jan 22 2021
Sr. Payment Specialist.
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the leading global healthcare companies, driven by innovation and scientific developments. Our mission is to improve the quality of life, enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We conduct research aimed at improving the quality of life in three basic areas: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. In our activities, we strive to be a responsible partner, building trust-based relations with healthcare system participants, focusing on dialogue and transparent cooperation.
The Global HCP/EE Hub is an integral part of Medical Engagement & Excellence, with the objective to lead and provide External Expert Engagement subject matter expertise, supporting the delivery of external engagement programmes. Senior Payment Specialist Role provides a service that is high priority in ensuring that GSK continues to comply with internal and external regulations, that encompass payments and reporting requirements of HCPs and EEs. The role will be integral to the improvement of efficiencies in the Global Hubs payment processes and deliver consistent and compliant ways of working.
Sr. Payment Specialist role is located in Poznań.
Leads and manages specific core HCP Engagement payment processes for GSK Pharma and Vaccines Business, R&D, and ViiV Healthcare. Responsibilities include:
- Acts as main point of contact for HCP, EEs and Business owners for all Finance and Payment related activities managed through the Hub.
- Maintains core HCP/EE payment processes, specific to enterprise HCP/EE requirements.
- Supports HCP disclosure and transparency reporting. Strategic alignment with CERPS GPO to ensure global P2P processes for HCP and External Expert Engagement are aligned with external reporting requirements, including, but not limited to transparency and tax laws/regulations.
- Ensures policy and procedures can be implemented and embedded to cover all aspects of disclosure and Global TOV's are reported accurately and in line with external transparency requirements and deadlines, i.e. EFPIA, Sunshine Act.
- Supports the review and sign off TOV disclosure for Hub programmes for US and European external transparency requirements.
- Delivery of operational support services to support specific HCP/EE payments for cross-border and above country sponsored activity.
- Maintains documentation compliance and retention to required standards.
- Collates and monitors performance metrics/KPIs.
- Supports a culture of continuous process improvements, through regular end to end process reviews.
- Provides input into the design of appropriate training programmes and materials to support all staff training needs (e.g. e-learning modules, ways of working Navigator pages, process micro-sites, process flows, checklists).
- Escalates issues to Hub Management, as appropriate.
- Utilises existing systems tools and ways of working to enable effective, consistent and compliant delivery of Vendor creation, vendor change, PO creation and payments requested by the Engagement Hub Specialists.
- Supports central (internal and outsourced) shared services in the management and delivery of HCP Engagement activities.
- Assists in the review and continuous improvement of services to meet business and customer needs.
What skills and expertise you will bring to the role:
- Min. Bachelor degree (Master degree will be an advantage).
- Pharma Industry experience.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Min. 2 years of finance process experience (e.g. accounts payable or receivable).
- SAP practical knowledge will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of HCP transparency and disclosure reporting.
- Knowledge of R&D clinical development and/or medical affairs.
- Technical support specialist's experience.
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders across multiple functions and geographies to deliver a consistent approach.
- Self-motivated; works as part of a highly matrixed global team.
How you will be rewarded:
- Joining a high performing, business-supporting team of professionals in Medical team.
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you're doing, you'll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
- Career in leading global healthcare company with modern employer mindset, corporate culture and values.
- Opportunity for professional development and acquiring new skills set in a top-level professional environment.
- Access to newest technologies and solutions.
- Supportive & friendly working environment.
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and healthcare benefits.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.