Site Name: Singapore - Jurong
Posted Date: Jan 20 2021
Our Jurong plant is currently looking for Operations Technician or Senior Operations Technician who will be primarily responsible for smooth, safe and efficient operations of assigned process stages.
He will ensure associated facilities are kept in good maintenance and assist production superintendent in giving work directions to technicians and deputies for the superintendent from time to time.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Performs batch / unit or ancillary operations safely and efficiently following standard operating procedures and as necessary, leads technicians in unit operations.
- Performs materials handling and movement using hand-pallet trucks, forklift or other material handling equipment.
- Ensures that batch and operating log sheets are correctly recorded and complied.
- Do engineering-related work with technicians during process runs, plant configuration during the campaign change over or maintenance using hand-tools. E.g.: filters change, equipment replacement and other plant-care type engineering work.
- Prepares plant and equipment for engineering maintenance.
Inspects and maintains house-keeping of his assigned area for clean and safe working conditions as well as ensuring that personal protection equipment, safety and fire-fighting equipment are maintained ready for use.
- Perform plant troubleshooting using appropriate problem solving tool to minimize plant stoppages and safety or quality incidents.
Operates and monitors the plant process using DCS control systems.
- Uses computer applications e.g.: M-ERP and other network operating systems for material movement and electronic documentation
- Responds with his team in controlling hazardous and emergency situations in line with company and departmental procedures
Carries out fire fighting / first-aid duties as assigned and trained.
Communicates clearly with his superintendent and colleagues and at the end of his shift, hand-over to his senior operations technician highlighting production status and any items bearing on safety, quality and efficiency.
- Raise improvement ideas and implement initiatives to support department objectives
- Takes in process samples and carries out checks using analytical instruments.
- Do routine mechanical and lubrication checks and where required, carries out early maintenance and repair using hand tools.
- Diploma or higher Nitec from Polytechnic.
Holder of ITC/NTC2 or NTC 3 with some years of relevant working experience for manufacturing, preferably in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry.
- Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices, safety procedures.
Good troubleshooting skills.
- Good knowledge in maintenance and operating principles of production and utility equipment.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- An excellent team player with attention to details
- Candidate without any prior experience but with relevant education background in Chemical Engineering may also apply for entry level position.
- Able to work on an 8 hours rotating shifts.
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply online.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.