Senior Microsoft O365 Engineer
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Dec 12 2019
The Senior O365 Engineer will be a technology specialist with hands-on skills related to Microsoft O365 ecosystem. It is essential to have experience in designing and deploying O365 technologies and services, as well as architecting solutions that cater to enterprise wide deployments in a DevOps model. The Senior O365 Engineer will guide and supervise both internal and external technical teams on the design, build, and deployment of O365 including system administration to support existing and future systems and to enable seamless integration into the company environments globally. There will be a focus on O365 cloud infrastructure and configuration management to leverage corporate identity, network connectivity, and device type, helping to improve employee productivity.
The Microsoft Office 365 Engineer will utilize expert level experience and knowledge of Office 365 architecture, administration, and best practice recommendations combined with a strong current and deep experience in security, legal and regulatory/compliance controls required for cloud environments. The Office 365 Engineer will be responsible for leading the engineering, design, testing, migration tooling, and support model of the enterprise messaging and collaboration tool sets to Office 365.
This role is open to all GSK locations.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Document existing and future state architecture with functional requirements and specifications
- Research new technologies within O365 ecosystem and collaborate with product management to develop roadmaps for products and services that impact 100K+ users
- General understanding of the Microsoft O365 roadmaps and future developments for productivity tools to ensure smooth introduction and implementation within GSK environment
- Subject matter expertise of Office 365 and Microsoft Azure with emphasis in security (Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) policies for Office 365, Azure AD Identity Protection, Conditional Access (CA), Azure Information Protection and Office365 Message Encryption), architectural design, migration management and support of large-scale implementations.
- Expert knowledge in Compliance & data retention leveraging Office 365 Data Loss Protection (DLP), Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), & Native Office 365 capabilities such as retention policies including Office 365 eDiscovery & Advanced eDiscovery
- Collaborate with internal GSK teams in supporting and maintaining Azure Active Directory environment, including Azure AD Conditional Access, Azure Identity Protection, Access Reviews, Access Packages and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- Support advanced functions of Office 365 including but not limited to the Security, Governance and Compliance centres (e.g., DLP, IRM, E-Discovery, In-Place Hold, Retention Tags, and Encryption).
- Core understanding of Active Directory and experience with Azure Active Directory, especially Azure Active Directory Connect
- Experience designing and implementing Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online and Exchange Online Protection (or equivalent Secure Email gateways), including integration with Active Directory
- Practical knowledge of Azure and Office 365 solutions.
- Direct experience with cloud storage services in O365 (SharePoint online, Teams, OneDrive etc.)
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Undergraduate in related discipline or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years' experience in O365 and Microsoft Products
- Possesses broad knowledge base of Office 365 technical architecture and the inter dependencies with other enterprise services in O365/Azure technology stack
- Progressive experience in developing technical solutions using O365 Suite of products
- Identity and Conditional Access design and implementation experience
- Knowledge of O365 groups, development patterns & practices.
- Experience with implementation/configuration of Office 365 messaging and collaboration tools
- Experience with on-premise Active Directory, Azure Active Directory and Hybrid deployments
- Experience with PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell ISE
- Implementation of advanced functions of Office 365 Security and Compliance centre
- Microsoft Federation Integration with Office 365, Azure and Identity Management
- Experience working in an Agile environment and with knowledge of SAFE / Agile practices
- Good understanding of DevOps and DevSecOps including implementation in an Enterprise Environment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Graduate in related discipline or equivalent experience
- Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry experience a plus.
- Ability to influence technical direction working closely with Product Management
- Able to communicate effectively and influence technical discussions with senior management when necessary
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top