Senior / Mechanical Engineer
Site Name: Singapore - Quality Road
Posted Date: Feb 10 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage a business system, coordinating all activities and ensuring employee safety? If so, this is the job for you.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible to provide engineering and maintenance support to manufacturing plants, utilities and site facilities operations, to consistently deliver plant production target capacity.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Consistently delivery plant production target capacity by ensuring maximum plant availability through continuous improvement so that equipment and facilities are maintained and optimized in accordance to current Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Engineering Practices and in compliance with EHS requirements.
- You will be leading and manage a team of mechanical / utilities technicians to achieve the above purpose and drive performance.
- Set up appropriate maintenance strategy and review effectiveness periodically.
- Identification of strategic spares and operational spares and recommendation of inventory level.
- Plan and co-ordinate predictive, preventive maintenance work, including breakdown maintenance and plant modification.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities and housekeeping are carried
out in compliance with engineering standards and procedures.
Why you? We look for people who appreciate the importance of safety and quality and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so you'll be someone who treats others with respect and integrity - as you will be treated yourself.
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Senior Engineer:
At least 3 years of relevant experience in the process / pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in managing and coordinating resources in an operational environment
- Good understanding of local regulatory codes
- Good understanding of Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and plant reliability programs
Why GSK? GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top