Senior Manager Strategy and Vision
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Oct 22 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution. Our Core Tech team believes that technology can exponentially improve anything and our mission is to provide exceptional service for all sites and applications. Join us and help empower GSK through technology.
As a Senior Manager Strategy and Vision you will be a hands on leader toset anddrivetheCore Technologytransformation strategytechnology,thenalign the strategy with the business areas todrive digital transformation with the business
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop theCoreTechnologytransformationstrategy;maintaining,adjustingand re-shapingover time
- Demonstrate the business value ofcoretechnology, which drivesGSK'stop and bottom lines.
- Identify and drivefuture-state capabilities with a focus on technologytransformation,disruption, speed, agility, and flexibility
- Work with Core Technology leadership to understandand refine theirvision and strategy.Documentand help create a cohesive message across Core Tech
- Partner withGSKBusiness Units to understand their strategy and gatherrequirementsunderstandingtheirbusiness challenges andtechnology needs
- CommunicateCoreTechnology strategy,capabilities and roadmap with GSKs business areas to ensure alignment
- Identify and drive opportunities to accelerate transformation within core infrastructure and across the business
- Determine how plannedCoreTechnologysolutions will impact existing business processes and systems andshapetheir integration
- Deliver actionable recommendations to businesstechnologyleaders, so they canleverageplanned capabilitiestoenable their future-state business capabilities
- Manage expectationsforCoreTechnologydemand and services to meet business needs
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Information Sciences or equivalent experience
- 10+ yrs. experience in enterprise-levelmanagement withintechnical architecture,design, application development, or infrastructure services
- 5+ yrs. experience in strategyand operations planning and/or business analysis
- Experienced withtechnology and digital transformationandcloud transformation
- Experience withstrategy development andstrategic communication, andconsultingengagements/dialogwith Senior IT/Business executives
- Experiencedeveloping andimplementing solutions that span geographical boundaries and time zones
- Experience with cloud computing architectureand security.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters Degree
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SOA, APIs, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top