Senior Manager Security
- Wavre, Belgium
Site Name: Belgium-Wavre
Posted Date: May 10 2021
- You report to the Head of Global Security, Crisis and Continuity Management.
- You are accountable for:
- - Developing and implementing an effective strategy to assess and mitigate risks
- - Maintaining continuity in operations
- - Safeguarding personnel, assets, product security of the organization from any hostile infringements
- The objective of this role is to provide a safe and secure work environment for personnel and operations around-the-clock in and across GSK Vaccines Belgium - including GSK Consumer Healthcare, ViiV and GSK Pharmaceuticals businesses.
- GSK Belgium Security landscape includes: 5 sites and 1 Headquarter remotely controlled by one access control system, more than 100 buildings, 13 Manufacturing Performance Unit and 2 Service Performance Unit (i.e. MPU/SPU), 15.000 internal clients, about 100.000 annual visitors, one emergency dispatching center (security operation center).
In this role you,
- Define, organize and manage security operations for all sites in Belgium to guarantee the integrity of the buildings, people, environment, and image of GSK.
- Implement the security rules (such as access) to sites.
- Implement Corporate and guidelines, standards, local policies; and achieve best practice to be aligned on corporate standards.
- Report, escalate issues and proposed mitigation plan, both long and short-term, to the adequate functions.
- Maintain our network with the local police and other local companies to remain well-informed on potential issues and benchmark ways of working.
- Provide security advice and expertise to the crisis team as required by Plan Owner-Crisis Leader.
We are looking for professionals with the following required skills to achieve our goals (must-have):
- You hold a Bachelor degree, preferably in Criminology, Law enforcement or related.
- You have at least 5 years of proven and successful experience in security roles - i.e. corporate security (people and facilities), prevention, crisis and risk management, security regulations and audits, technical security (e.g. access control), fraud, investigation, intelligence, geopolitical threats, security 3rd party management, etc.
- You demonstrate tangible exposure to highly regulated environments such as the pharmaceutical, healthcare, aeronautical, transportation, energy, oil and gas, food production sectors,
- You are comfortable in interacting with both senior management and government officials,
- You show strong leadership skills such as influence, engagement, negotiation, communication, strategic thinking,
- You are fluent in French - both written and spoken (critical skill for the role)
- You have a very good command - written and spoken - of the English language.
The following characteristics are assets (nice-to-have):
- You hold a Master's degree, preferably in Criminology, Law enforcement or related,
- You have a good command of Dutch,
- You worked in Security roles in both the private and public sectors.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Global Industrial Operations (GIO):
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So, it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale. As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions. The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialization (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution. We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top