Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: May 19 2021
Senior Manager - P2P GPO
Full-Time, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In the Purchase to Pay Global Process Owner team, we work together to provide vital and highly valued P2P processes and solutions to enable and support GSK's strategic priorities. We're looking for agile, high-performing talent with a diverse background and deep experience in P2P to join our new team in Bengaluru. This team works with people across our business worldwide and with external P2P practitioners and partners to shape and deliver our long-term global P2P vision, strategy, objectives and performance goals, together with an operating model required to effectively deliver P2P services to our employees and suppliers. As part of a modern, technology-led Finance function delivering world-class service, you'll have the opportunity to develop your skills to progress in your career while working in a diverse and culturally rich environment with some of the best and brightest in the field.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
The P2P GPO is continually developing and implementing a road map for improvements which deliver value to the business in reduced cost to serve, shopper and supplier experience, working capital improvements and an improved control and compliance environment. As a Senior Manager, you will define and design any process enhancements, operating changes, strategic initiatives and new tool implementations and will motivate and engage the user community to implement change and ensure enhancements deliver against business cases which ladder up to our corporate strategies for growth, profit and cash flow. The role of the Senior Manager is to design, evolve, maintain and manage one or more specific P2P processes and supporting tool set within the framework mandated by the P2P GPO.
In this role you will champion the specific P2P process, tower whilst collaborating strongly with the adjacent process towers both within financial services and with adjacent and related Process Streams as appropriate. The role will require working in collaboration with other team members within the end-to-end P2P GPO team and the operational hubs, third parties and markets, where required.
- Act as champion of the Global ERP template for the specific P2P processes. Using Celonis, review deviations in business processes and work with sub-process directors to understand the validity of the deviations. They will also partner with them to make interventions and remediate these deviations as necessary.
- Manage and maintain the ERP template process design and documentation e.g. GSOPs, BPSDs, Taxonomy and track and remove exceptions in conjunction with the P2P GPO.
- Understand and articulate business requirements, analyse design options, seek out and assess solution simplification opportunities where business case justification exists, in alignment with the vision set by the P2P GPO.
- Work with the Tech Product Owners / Functional Consultants and appropriate third parties to understand new technology opportunities in the marketplace (cutting and leading edge) and assess if and how they will improve the specific P2P processes. Provide recommendations and suggestions for improvements to the P2P GPO.
- Leveraging our partnership with Hackett and industry forums, benchmark against peers to validate GSK's pace of technological advancement and understand how other organisations are gaining cost and efficiencies through technology, talent, capability and process engineering.
- Work with the support teams to ensure the community of P2P end users receives appropriate business process support and new improvements are transitioned effectively.
- Monitor relevant policy adoption and template adherence (in partnership with the P2PGPO Process tower directors and GPO, and drive the business towards common, standard global solutions.
- Deep, specialist expertise and knowledge of the relevant P2P Processes and how this interacts with the other P2P sub-processes and dependent processes - Procurement, Treasury, Close and Control.
- Ideally a current user/customer from SAP (and Ariba) P2P and BW solutions.
- Strong experience of working on transformational global programmes, preferably with process and SAP SME experience.
- Front line team leadership and/or project team leadership experience.
- Proven record of leading projects through the full life cycle to common project management methodologies.
- Ability to lead definition of business cases for change - including presentation to senior stakeholders.
- Able to manage multifunctional, broad-based/diverse teams in a project and matrix organisation structure.
- P2P analytical experience (utilising data sources and data mining tools to identify Process/ System/ Data inefficiencies/ opportunities).
- Experience writing and managing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Experience of delivering trainings and building training material.
- Senior stakeholder management capabilities skills and experience of engaging business customers and third-party suppliers.
- LEAN or Six Sigma and Agile experience.
- Pharma, Consumer Goods / FMCG sector experience.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.