Senior Manager, Health Economics
Position: Full-Time Regular
Open date: May 14, 2019
Functional area: Epidemiology and Health Outcomes
Accountable to plan and deliver the value evidences (health economics, patient reported outcomes, real-world data) for GSK's measles-mumps-rubella-varicella (MMRV) and DTPa vaccine franchises. A deep understanding of policymaker and payer needs is critical for optimal evidence generation strategies and access (recommendation, reimbursement).
• Bring expertise to strategic discussions regarding the evidence requirements to support recommendation and reimbursement submissions globally.
• Lead the Health Economics (HE) strategy in alignment with the Scientific Evidence and Access Plan, clinical program and the evidence requirements of policymakers, payers, and patients.
• Deliver the core HE evidences for DTPa (Infanrix, Boostrix) and MMRV vaccine programs including economic models, burden of illness studies, systematic reviews, observational studies, patient-reported outcomes studies and publications.
• Inform clinical trial design to capture the economic and quality of life measurements required to deliver vaccines with differentiated value.
• Partner with regional teams and Local Operating Companies to optimize recommendation and reimbursement submissions including the adaptation of core HE evidences.
• Support discussions with National Immunization Technical Advisory Groups and payer agencies (e.g. formal scientific advice).
• Contributing core member of the Scientific Evidence and Access Stream working in strong partnership with cross functional stakeholders (medical affairs, clinical, epidemiology, commercial) and regions/countries.
- Masters or equivalent degree in a relevant discipline (health economics, outcomes research, biostatistics, public health, health technology assessment).
- Experience in mathematical modelling
- At least 4-6 year experience in a health economics, market access or related function in a consulting, pharmaceutical industry or academic environment.
- Pharmaceutical experience that includes successful reimbursement submissions at local level and understanding of global reimbursement and access processes.
- Scientific project planning, implementation, and delivery of evidence requirements to inform access decisions.
- Proficient management of multiple projects, budgets, and successful matrix interactions.
- Effective communicator who can translate specific research objectives at project team level and demonstrate application to access plan.
- Applied experience in vaccine recommendations, reimbursement /HTA submissions.
- Experience in infectious diseases and/or vaccine Health Economics
- Knowledge in TreeAge, Matlab, R, @Risk, ...
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top