Site Name: Belgium-Rixensart
Posted Date: Jul 26 2021
The "Data Reduction Solution & Lab Data Management" Lead will be responsible for managing a team of approximately 25 people (internal GSK + CW / FSP) who deliver fit-for-purpose scientific data management and Data reduction solutions for R&D (matrix dotted line) and QC.
The incumbent will lead the prioritization, manage workload and continuously assess and adapt where/when needed the ways-of-working to ensure that the team can provide best-in-class technical solutions and maintains appropriate service levels for data reduction solution and scientific data management solutions.
The Lead will also work in partnership with a broad range of stakeholder groups such as Quality, Computer System Validation, Tech, Procurement and the QC and R&D scientific platforms to proactively define standards, identify cost saving opportunities and accelerate generation of scientific results.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership to the Data reduction solution & Lab Data Mgmt team
- Ensure performance management of a multidisciplinary team, by appropriately balancing delegation/empowerment and coaching with oversight through performance metrics and adapted team governance
- Hold the final accountability for projects lead and services delivered by the team
- Act as gatekeeper to prioritize workload and ensure guidance on the quality of the technical solutions designed and implemented by the team
- Ensure compliance to Data Integrity requirements and Audit Readiness
- Stay current with and actively explore opportunities in the external environment in the area of laboratory technology
- Actively manage a broad range of stakeholders, with focus on value creation/demonstration and smart risk taking
- Drive continuous improvement by assessing current performance, identifying and developing alternative solutions and recommending in a comprehensive manner process and system improvements
- Challenge traditional thinking and create a working environment that fosters innovation
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- At least 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or regulated QC/R&D environment, with a focus on delivering fit-for-purpose solutions and services to laboratories
- At least 3 years of experience in managing a team (prioritization, resource mgmt., budget control)
- At least 5 years of experience in performance, risk and quality management; including risk mitigation planning and tracking, milestones and actions mgmt
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Strong analytical mindset to quickly assimilate facts and data and develop an understanding of complex matters in order to synthesize a story into a (cost-)effective solution or an actionable set of recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills allowing to interact at all levels of the organization, including senior management and to influence and lead without hierarchical authority
- Ability to coach, motivate and inspire a team of junior as well as senior staff
- Able to represent GSK in a variety of internal and external settings
- Mental agility to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.