Senior Manager EHS
Act with colleagues on the Belgium EHSS management team to ensure protection of the Safeguard of all GSK employees, consultants, contractors and subcontractors as well as member of the public; the enhancement of the workers wellbeing and the respect of the Environment. Develop and operate the Primary EHS activities in Belgium as part of the Biologicals network of policies and standards of GSK Vaccines. Achieve EHS performance targets, regulatory compliance and cost efficiency of the Belgian Primary activities. Responsible for the deployment of the GSK Vaccines EHS strategy within Primary Operations Responsible for the leadership and operational EHS strategy of all Primary Operations consisting of:
• X major manufacturing facilities for Primary
• EHS Management Systems
• Compliance and Audit
• Strategy and Direction:
- The incumbent plays a major role in developing the EHSS level of performance within the BU.
- Be a key actor and promoter to the 360° transformation.
- Develop a strategy within the Primary Operations to promote continuous EHSS performance improvement and drive excellence.
- Implement all the EHSS missions, as defined in the Belgian regulations in the Primary Operations, under the responsibility of the EHSS Director. Develop an EHSS culture in the Primary Operations and ensure risk ownership by the line management.
- Be a permanent member of the Primary Operations Management Team contributing to the decision-making process and promoting continuous EHSS performance improvement and excellence.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Primary Vice President and to his management team to ensure compliance to GSK standards and Belgium regulations, taking into account the business needs. Ensure harmonization of EHSS practices across Primary Operations.
• Primary Operations:
- Be the EHSS responsible person in the Primary Operations. Consolidate the EHSS Primary Operations Risk Registers with input from the EHSS Belgium Director and from the Primary Operations Productions Unit EHSS Managers, and assure follow-up.
- Consolidate and maintain a comprehensive set of metrics that monitor and describe short and longer term safety performance and facilitate continuous improvement for the Primary Operations.
- Ensure the flexibility of manpower workforce in order to achieve customer satisfaction and cost targets in the short, medium and long terms in managing downsizings and / or headcount increases.
- Carry out regular level 2 audits within the Primary Operations. Represent the Primary Operations in the CPPT through coordination at site level. Comply with the Productions Units EHS Manager Job description as long as looks after a Production unit.
- Provide coaching to direct reports.
• Site Representation:
- Manage the Wavre site Emergency Response Team.
- Manage the relationship with the Belgium authorities and neighbours on behalf of the Wavre site representative.
- Lead, in collaboration with the loss prevention expert, all Wavre site related issues, including emergency responses and crisis.
- Contribute to the EHSS Belgium Committee and to the CPPT.
- Contribute to the EHSS coordination structure and committee.
- Ensure compliance of the operations with current internal and external standards. Develop improvement plans to ensure ongoing compliance with future requirements.
- Responsible for the representation of Primary Operations during external audits (Belgium authorities, ...) Primary contact for Belgium authorities in case of emergencies/accidents
• Change and Process Management:
- Work in partnership with the Primary EHSS Manager, the R&D and QC EHSS Manager, the Experts Leader, the Environmental Leader and the Occupational Health Doctor to position the EHSS resources adequately.
- Provide leadership for change initiatives involving processes, technologies and people which contribute to the overall effective improvement of GSK Vaccines EHS performance Use Lean Sigma expertise to ensure continuous improvement in the service provided to the customers
• People Management and Development:
- Manage the Production units EHSS Managers within the Primary Operations.
- Influence, train, coach and motivate management teams and employees towards the pursuit of EHSS excellence. Ensure the retention, engagement and development of key talents within the organization. Ensure succession is in place for key roles in the network to minimize operational risks.
- Drive the EHSS Primary Operations relays network. Encourage the sharing and adopting of best practices and contribute to the development of the GSK Biologicals EHSS excellence.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual EHS Primary Operations budget, the mid-year forecast and manpower allocation. Delivery of agreed budget (and any additional agreed financial).
• Minimum 15 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, of which 5 years in a pharmaceutical environment and at least 10 years in an EHSS role.
• Substantial knowledge of manufacturing operations and its key risks and excellent knowledge of EHSS matters and legal requirements
• Strategic thinking
• Problem solving
• Change management
• Project management
• Managing and coaching
• Influencing and negotiating skills
• Communication ability in French and in English
• Experience in working proactively and collaboratively to integrate EHS programmatic objectives into the business
• Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain networks to manage EHS issues in a complex environment
• Problem solving abilities suitable for handling the highly complex issues.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top