Senior Manager, Data Analysis - Enterprise Data & Analytics Platform
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Apr 5 2021
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution.
By disrupting our approaches to R&D and commercial business processes, Data and Analytics are allowing us to integrate, simplify and unlock all of our data to drive innovation, decision making and enable our transformation in servicing our patients, healthcare professionals and consumers.
If you are ready for an exciting career YOU would be responsible for the following.
As the Sr. Manager of Data Analysis, you will be a critical contributor to the Enterprise Data Analytics Platform team, helping to develop capabilities to drive GSK's data & analytics needs. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders, platform engineers, and teams to identify and deliver enhanced Data Analytics products and manage them throughout the product lifecycle. You will also conduct ad-hoc analysis and provide insights for data-inspired decision-making. The GSK Sr. Manager of Data Analysis is a natural problem solver with a passion for learning and experimentation.
- Collaborate with data platform team to ensure our business teams have the tools they need to leverage data for advanced problem solving, Machine Learning, information consumption and insight generation
- Gather business tech and business requirements, contribute to solution design, deliver sustainable analytics solutions, provide ongoing management to improve performance and drive continuous improvement throughout the product lifecycle
- Work with cross-division and cross-company teams to manage analytics priorities in accordance with enterprise business needs
- Responsible for ad hoc analysis that result in KPIs driving business outcomes and the ongoing management of the Enterprise Data & Analytics Platform
- Construct presentations with complex analytical findings, and deliver a finished product that's clear, concise, "digestible" and focused on the key drivers for Senior Leadership
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Actively contribute to the Data Analytics community
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Business, or equivalent experience
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- 2+ years experience with a data visualization tool like PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Experience working with data analytics languages such as SQL, R, SAS, Python, etc.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 2+ years of experience with data analytics languages such as SQL, R, SAS, Python, etc.
- Comprehensive experience with admin functions (ie Deploying and maintaining) for enterprise wide data visualization platforms like PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Experience working with Databricks
- Experience managing a service or product including-but not limited to: user adoption, developing & communicating best practices, release/change/request management, enablement of capabilities, product roadmap, security, privacy, monitoring
- Understanding of statistical analysis, modeling and programming
- Working knowledge of data platforms, cloud technologies (especially Azure), high-level architecture with a passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Significant experience interfacing and communicating with senior leadership and peers with the ability to present ideas and strategic recommendations in a powerful and compelling way
- Experience utilizing Agile Product Management- Scrum and SAFe methodologies
- Experience operating in a regulated environment (GxP, Sarbanes-Oxley)
- MBA or advanced degree in Statistics or Analytics
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top