Senior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Core Technology
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Site Name: RTP, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Nov 10 2020
Are you looking for a highly visible procurement leadership role that allows you to shape supplier strategy and drive cost savings? If so, this Senior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Core Technology role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Senior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Core Technology, you'll join a group of experienced procurement professionals aligned with supporting our Chief Technology Officer, Chief Information Security Officer, and their respective leadership teams to deliver on their strategic imperatives whilst driving significant savings and maximizing value for GSK.
The Core Technology area provides exposure to lead several sub-categories which include; Managed Infrastructure Services, Compute, Storage, Service Management, and Enterprise Cloud Solutions (SaaS and application hosting)
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. Key responsibilities include some of the following:
- Partner with Core Tech leadership team to understand and influence the tech strategy and gain visibility of how best Procurement can support to deliver their strategic priorities
- Create strategies to deliver the savings plan and develop new innovative ways to find more commercial opportunities across the landscape
- Lead high profile negotiations with large enterprise partners, ensuring maximum commercial benefit whilst ensuring business needs are met
- Create, refresh and implement existing category strategies for each of the sub-categories
- Manage senior level stakeholders and challenge thinking, strategy or decisions by bringing strong commercial knowledge and market insights to bear
- Drive Procurement level initiatives including; supplier diversity and inclusion, improvements to working capital and guided buying
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years of technology procurement experience
- Experience with strategic sourcing methodologies and best practices
- Experience working with global providers of hardware, software, and IT services
- Experience managing executive level stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in Business, Technology, Mathematics, or Supply Chain Management
- Global Procurement experience
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong Risk Management Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top