Senior Manager, Clinical FSP - RD Procurement
- Weston, MA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Waltham
Posted Date: Aug 12 2020
Are you energized by a procurement leadership role where you can drive efficiency and shape procurement objectives across the organization? If so, this Senior Manager, R&D Procurement role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
The Senior Manager, R&D Procurement, Category will be accountable for sourcing and contract management across their assigned category(ies). This will include the development and implementation of category strategies; the contracting for master/service/product agreements within the categories; the management of supplier relationships that fall outside of the enterprise SRM structure for these categories; and for ensuring the suppliers key to their category(ies) commit to deliver GSK's performance/quality/financial requirements.
Category groupings determined based on total spend, category complexity, stakeholder alignment and/or scientific depth.
- Manage a global spend of ~£10-100million by creating comprehensive global sourcing, contracting, and supplier relationship management strategies for the relevant category(ies).
- Accountable for delivering against performance goals (e.g. savings, cash flow, management monitoring, supplier diversity).
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of their category(ies), their relevant industries/markets, and GSK's forward-looking capability requirements and use this knowledge to engage with stakeholders to help shape, assess, and source GSK's R&D requirements.
- Role model and consistently demonstrate GSK values and behaviors, foster the environment of a modern employer and promote GSK network/brand.
- Impact cultural change and contribute to an organisation focused on decision-making accountability, quality, speed, performance, results, and collaboration.
- Ensure Master and service-level agreements are strategically aligned with R&D Business goals by engaging all relevant stakeholders in the sourcing strategy and contract management activities and delivering a strategy for most efficient contracting and buy-channel.
- Support merger and acquisition related activities, from a contracting and savings perspective.
- For select suppliers, establish and manage SRM structure aligned with broader R&D Procurement SRM structure.
- Build strategic relationships and ensure the appropriate communication strategy is in place with GSK stakeholders; understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value, position Procurement's value proposition, and align sourcing strategies to assurance of supply (risk management), compliance, quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Support the creation of compelling business cases for change and obtain approval to execute from GSK R&D and/or other support functions (Finance, HR, etc.) senior management; agree how benefits will be achieved and accounted for.
- Build strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure the value of the supplier-GSK relationship is optimized; account for cross-GSK requirements in supplier relationships and leverage business review meeting process to drive the relationship.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in Contracts and Negotiation
- Experience in Procurement with a focus in either R&D and/or Clinical
- Project Management Experience
- Experience in Risk Management
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA/Masters Degree
- team building and networking skills
- leadership skills
- communication and engagement skills
- partnership skills
- influencing skills to drive strategy development and delivery
- change management skills
- experience with assigned R&D categories
- experience in leading teams in matrixed environment
- English proficiency (written and oral)
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top