Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Apr 13 2021
Senior Health Outcomes Manager, Oncology
GlaxoSmithKline is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
Are you looking for a high-profile health outcomes role that shapes solid evidence generation for our medicines across the region? If so, this Health Outcomes Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore within our dynamic Oncology function which is vastly growing and impacting patients in an unprecedented way.
This role is responsible for the leadership of Health Outcomes strategy implementation for specific products and therapy areas in order to inform brand strategy, influence our customers and maximise commercial return.
The role works collaboratively and utilizes broad knowledge and understanding of clinical and economic information to identify and deliver health outcomes solutions and market access strategies in support of the brand teams.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership of health outcomes activity to generate high quality and timely data to support the continued access of GSK brands to the UK market (specific area dependent on needs of the business) working closely with UK Health Outcomes colleagues, as well as, commercial, medical, regulatory and Global/European/GHO colleagues.
- To lead on the development and maintenance of local market access materials, such as epidemiology, budget impact and cost-effectiveness models, in collaboration with the Therapy Director, Senior Health Outcomes Manager and appropriate field based roles.
- To provide strategic input into development of research, market access and HTA strategies based on business requirements.
- Responsible for the management of product- or disease-specific health outcomes evidence generation, in line with local governance requirements and in collaboration with the Medical Directorate.
- To maintain a relevant knowledge of the potential impact of key NHS changes on our capability to deliver appropriate information to key customers in the NHS.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BSc or equivalent in relevant subject area, e .g. biomedical science, professions aligned to or including medicine, economics, statistics.
- Proven track record and experience of one or more of health economics, outcomes research, NHS information, health technology appraisal.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, prioritisation and multi-tasking .
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MSc / PhD in Health Economics/Epidemiology/Statistics.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Confident using Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with both internal and external networks to develop health outcomes strategies for medicines.
- Understanding of local health economies and how arguments can enable service change.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.