Senior Formulation Scientist
- Qinnan, China
Site Name: Suzhou Plant Tech Industry Park
Posted Date: Feb 25 2020
- Under the general direction of R&D Director, leads formulation design, process development and technology transfer in the development of new consumer healthcare products that meet consumer requirements, are compliant, commercially feasible and robust to meet Asia Pacific business growth needs.
1. Product Development - Launches, Submissions, and Clinical Test Supplies
- Lead formulation and process development for new products aligned with the Global Franchise teams in support of the Asia Pacific region.
- Lead technology transfer for new and/or existing products into and out of the region.
- Play a major role in the scale-up and manufacture of demonstration/registration/validation batches. Monitors and assists with manufacture of clinical batches on an as needed basis.
- Plans, executes and manages both routine and non-routine projects simultaneously with general criteria for results
- Performs data collection and analysis, discuss conclusions regarding progress of work, and effectively communicates information to supervisor in the form of discussions and reports.
- Authors' protocols, reports, technology transfer protocols/reports and other technical documents (i.e. Master Formula, specifications) as part of the product development and technology transfer process. Author documents for regulatory submissions.
- Establishes and monitors developmental stability programs to assess viability of dosage forms.
- Maintain effective, collaborative, and frequent interactions with US-based R&D groups to ensure harmonization in scientific and technical approaches.
- Be an active R&D project leader through collaboration with Marketing, Regulatory, Medical, Technical Service, Supply Chain, Quality and the other cross-functional teams.
2. Problem Solving
- Be a Subject Matter Expertise commensurate with experience.
- Solves problems using multiple problem-solving tools and techniques using appropriate resources, personal knowledge and experience with whatever data are available given the situation.
- Recommends innovative technologies to support core products, product improvements and/or line extensions.
4. Organizational and Talent Development
- Assists in training junior level staff and guides the work of others in the development team.
- Assures awareness and compliance with current and developing regulations with Boards of Health (i.e. SFDA,TGA, FDA etc), other regulatory agencies and with corporate policies.
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP, GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements, where applicable.
Background Requirements: 1. Educational /Training
- Major in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Science or related field.
2. Working Experiences
- BS degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- MS degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral English skill
- Excellent communication/influence skill
1. Technical Competency:
- Ability to provide technical solutions to consumer product insights.
- Demonstrated product development expertise.
- Demonstrated experience with a broad range of product dosage forms.
2. None Technical Competency:
- Customer Focus
- Understands the Business
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Influencing Skills
- Contributing to Team Success
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.firstname.lastname@example.org联系我们。
Back to top