Senior Facilities Mechanic
- Missoula, MT
Site Name: USA - Montana - Hamilton
Posted Date: Mar 29 2019
Senior Facilities Mechanic 203532
As a Senior Facilities Mechanic, you will be responsible for assisting supervisor in installation, troubleshooting and validation of manufacturing equipment and facility. Help develop procedures, maintenance plans and spare parts that ensure the long term safe, reliable and quality focused operation. Support activities ranging from initial setup and qualification of new equipment to daily planned and unplanned maintenance. Follow standard operating procedures, safety protocols and regulations and champion this mindset with their team. Escalate and support the resolution of issues related to safety, quality and reliability. Support supervisor in achieving overall department and site goals.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Equipment Maintenance: Help develop and implement maintenance procedures in accordance with manufacturer recommendations, GSK requirements and regulatory requirements. Work to increase equipment reliability and reduce equipment and production down time. Provide after-hours pager response to alarms on a rotational basis.
- Personnel Oversight: This role has no direct reports. The role of the Sr Mechanic is to provide an intermediate level of oversight and leadership between the supervisor, technicians and other teams. Drive safety, compliance and GMP mindset within team. Champion development of a cohesive and unified team that is aligned to department, site and corporate goals. Escalate safety, compliance and personnel issues to the supervisor.
- Environment Health & Safety : Responsible for application of GSK safety and environmental guidelines. Promotes a safety culture; perform work in a manner to ensure safety of co-workers, equipment and self. Remain current on RCRA and DOT training if required.
- Quality & Compliance : Ensure all activities are executed following quality and regulatory standards. Promote a quality mindset and quality excellence approach to all activities. Comply with SOP, Batch Record and Departmental Documentation requirements. Attend all mandatory training. Adhere to all GSK Quality Management System (QMS) policies and procedures as applicable for functional area. Ensure compliance and readiness for internal and external inspections and provide adequate support to inspected departments. Support deviation investigations, CAPAs and change controls as required by the Supervisor.
- Accountability : Manage multiple projects and tasks in order to achieve deliverable and adhere to timelines and budgets. Ensure efficient coordination of projects and tasks as assigned by Supervisor. Write Job Safety Analysis, issue Permits to Work and manage contractors when required. Prioritize work for facilities technicians as necessary.
- Operational Excellence : Provides support for continuous improvement, industrial excellence through the application of LEAN and QuEST methodologies. Act as a champion for continuous improvement, leveraging OE tools and processes. Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements and presents ideas to process owner. Assist in monitoring and reporting of KPI's and metrics.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Combination of 3-5 years of relevant experience in GMP manufacturing and/or equipment maintenance.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Possession of a BS in science/engineering field or training/certification in a technical field.
- Familiarity with good manufacturing practice plant operation, safety and regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of industrial controls systems
- Aptitude for creating written procedures and maintenance plans
- Experience with machinery condition monitoring, life assessment, and repair strategies
- Knowledge of MS Office and SAP
- Knowledge of root cause failure analysis methods
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve and utilize learning and critical thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top