Senior Enterprise Data & Analytics Platform Architect
- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Sep 16 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution.
By disrupting our approaches to R&D and commercial business processes, Data and Analytics are allowing us to integrate, simplify and unlock all of our data to drive innovation, decision making and enable our transformation in servicing our patients, healthcare professionals and consumers.
YOU would be responsible for the following:
- In this role, you will identify and define the what GSK's Enterprise Data & Analytics Platform will look like. Your architecture will drive creation of the global platform and data products (frameworks, microservices, reusable components) across the organization.
- Technical Architecture: Related to the tech platform / stack piece, we would look for the candidate to assist in formulating and defining overall platform architecture and associated specification of the data storage, data processing methodologies & approaches, cloud hosting and API's that will give this platform the best chance to succeed and ensure that we can continue to leverage and scale the tech stack for additional and future analytics initiatives.
- Data Architecture: Related to the data architecture piece, activities will include providing leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies and selecting the appropriate technology platforms; governance practices, and standards; and partnering with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates.
- Forward Looking: Additional responsibilities include evaluating and recommending emerging technologies and standards. Keep abreast of industry developments in analytics and be able to interpret how these would impactservices and present new opportunities.
- As a rough guide expect 30% of the role to be technical platform architecture focused, 60% of the role to have a Platform Product services Architecture focus and the remaining 10% to be forward looking and Analytics Architecture strategy focused.
- The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company.This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If YOU have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- Experience as an architect (working in cloud, data platforms, etc.) with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
- Experience with data modelling and distributed data architecture concepts, knowledge of agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred.
- Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
- Experience in technology architecture of cloud-based analytics and/or big data solutions and development of such solutions in a world-class innovative company.
- Experience with the Azure data and analytics stack: Databricks, Data Factory, SQL DW, Cosmos DB, Power BI, Power Apps, AKS, etc.
- Experience integrating and supporting a variety of enterprise data tools: Ataccama, Talend, Collibra, Snowflake, StreamSets, etc.
- Fully conversant with big-data processing approaches and "schema-on-read" methodologies. Preference for deep understanding of Spark, Databricks and Delta Lake, and applying them to solve data science and machine learning business problems.
- Experience with Agile delivery frameworks and tools: SAFe, Jira, Confluence, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Build an overview of all the data sets within their domain and the relationships between those data sets.
- Facilitate the design of efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis, with an understanding of both business and technical requirements.
- Ability to work in close partnership with groups across the IT organization (security, compliance, infrastructure, etc.) and business stakeholders in the commercial organizations.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with suppliers and specialist technology providers to assemble and maintain a distinctive and flexible mix of capabilities against future requirements.
- Ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate inherently complicated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders of all levels.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top