Senior Engineer, Enterprise Application Platforms
- Poznań, Poland
Site Name: Poznan Business Garden
Posted Date: Sep 23 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution. Our Core Tech team believes that technology can exponentially improve anything and our mission is to provide exceptional service for all sites and applications. Join us and help empower GSK through technology.
As a Senior Engineer you will be a part of Enterprise Application Platforms team, focused on accelerating the digital transformation at GSK by delivering enterprise platforms and co-developing business solutions with our customers. We design, build, and run enterprise platforms to help teams across GSK Tech build better digital products at speed and lower cost. Our platform ecosystem offers foundational building blocks to build and deploy modern applications in a safe, scalable, and agile manner.
We're always curious, asking questions and sometimes challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and we encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all of us can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Creating and building web applications alongside our design team, including taking designer wireframes and turning them into effective code.
- Working through the website development lifecycle to launch.
- Designing user-based interactions through effective front-end architecture.
- Developing database models to support our web applications on the back end.
- Leading and developing best practices for the Platforms Development Team.
- Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs.
- Troubleshooting issues and problem solving as necessary.
- Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can be applied to company needs.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- At least 3 years experience developing enterprise applications
- Advanced skills in NodeJS
- Advanced skills in RESTful API development
- Basic knowledge in Postgres / SQL
- Advanced Skills in HTML5 / CSS
- Advanced experience developing Single Page Applications
- Advanced skills in Vue (Preferred) or Angular / React
- Experience with testing tools (selenium, puppeteer, cypress, mocha, chai, jest)
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with Java or .NET Development
- Experience with configuring Azure IaaS/PaaS/FaaS resources
- Experience in working with Agile methodology
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company's structure
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online trainings' platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top