Senior Engineer Automation
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Nov 9 2020
Are you looking to expand your expertise in systems strategy in a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change?
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution. Our Core Tech team believes that technology can exponentially improve anything and our mission is to provide exceptional service for all sites and applications. Join us and help empower GSK through technology.
At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve performance across the organization. This role provides technical expertiseand leadershipin all aspects ofautomationsoftwaredevelopment andsolution design, implementation and delivery on large complex projects or programmes.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provide leadership and consultation on technical matters to a variety ofdevelopment functions
- Address complex technical challenges
- Develop and deliver solutions and respond to more complex technical questions regarding the organization's product, system or service.
- Analyzerequirements and translate to technical requirements todevelop proposals outlininghow the organization's products and services can meet these needs and be integrated and implemented with the customer's technical infrastructure.
- Estimate the costs, resources, time, and technical requirements of modifying, configuring, and installing the organization's products and services to meet customer needs.
- Apply software design theories and principles, perform complex work in research, design and development of new or existing products, tools and processes required for the operation, maintenance and testing of products.
- Improve existing software to fit unique customer needs and configurations.
- Liaise with hardware, software, and systems design engineers to ensure that products and services are modified, configured, and installed according to customer needs.
- Maintains familiarity with architectural standards and vision, BU IT Technology Roadmap, technical landscape, validation requirements, central service request processes, GSK policies, and other aspects of GSK environment.
- Supports Project Managers/Service Managers and the delivery team to design, develop and transition newautomation solutionsinto production, fostering and maintaining close links with infrastructure services colleagues
- Maintain high level of awareness on development standards across direct/in direct peers by conducting regular workshops and training session (knowledge sharing)
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 years of experience in software development on complex solutions within large scale organisations
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top