Senior Director - Pricing, Access & Customer Engagement (PACE), Payer Marketing
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Aug 7 2020
Are you energized by driving efficiencies and effectiveness in pricing and ensuring that payer strategies are being appropriately delivered? If so, this Senior Director - Pricing, Access & Customer Engagement (PACE), Payer Marketing role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As Senior Director, Pricing, Access & Customer Engagement (PACE), you will lead US Pricing, Payer New Product Development, Access and Contracting strategy/analytics and a Payer field teams. This role combines key payer market access responsibilities with data, analytics and operations and works across Payer, Commercial, Global and Medical functions to deliver aligned strategies empowering payer engagement and profitable access.
This role will provide/gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Leading US Pricing activities including:
- value-based pricing for all pipeline products,
- launch price recommendations and implementation,
- in-line product price management and
- price transparency reporting
- Leading Payer pipeline development including ensuring:
- all products have meaningful clinical endpoints, target populations and relevant comparators
- robust value propositions, access goals and forecasts
- Lead Payer Analytics and Access including:
- Predictive contract analytics including share shifts enabling sound contract decisions and price optimization
- Payer access analytics and reporting resulting in strategy refinement and customer facing tools supporting access and key dashboard metrics
- Value-based contracting strategy, development and implementation
- Lead a Payer field team embedded with Account teams to:
- providing analytical support focused on contract and formulary management including strategy development, tool delivery and training and direct payer engagement
- Work to support cross functional needs including providing:
- Policy support and coordination providing proposal evaluation, feedback, scenario planning and implementation strategy
- Economic promotion facilitating FDAMA Section 114 development, approval and training
- Payer Marketing B2B strategy and training including key payer and therapeutic learning opportunities for in-building and field staff
- Operational support including budget
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in strategic pricing
- Understanding and experience with health data analytics, databases, payer environment and population management
- Experience and understanding of brand/therapeutic area marketing strategy payer insights, and the ability to match these to customer needs/insights to deliver products of value
- Understanding/awareness of payer business needs and insights for therapy area/brand value
- Expertise in payer markets including understanding of all channels and segments, how payers make profit, manage budgets, etc
- Adept at understanding specific payer objectives/challenges and designing analyses to quickly address these objectives
- Understanding of environmental/policy issues and trends that may influence access and performance
- Ability to translate data and analytics into actionable payer strategies
- Ability to lead and influence across various levels and within various functions (eg, marketing, field account management, pricing, new product development)
- In-depth understanding of data-based promotion including FDAMA Section 114
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree: PhD in Health Outcomes/Economics, PharmD with health data analytic training/experience or similar degree
- Direct Managed Care payer experience
- Oncology and/or Specialty experience
- Health outcomes application and analysis
- SAS programming and in-depth health data and database experience
- People management experience
- Matrix management experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal influencing skills and prioritization skills
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated analytical skills
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top