Senior Director, Enterprise Architecture
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Feb 26 2020
The Senior Director, Enterprise Architecture is a senior technology leader and strategist for the CoreTech organization at GSK. He/she will be an evangelist for the technology solutions and services offered by the CTO organization. The individual will build relationships with business Tech leaders, understand the challenges and needs of the business, and provide strategicguidance & oversight to the technical teams to meet the needs of the business effectively.
The responsibilities of this role include some of the following:
- Setting the technology road-map and direction for the enterprise
- Govern the adoption of the CoreTech technology standards and the investments to adopt the standards
- Develop and establish a federated enterprisearchitecture framework to help govern solutions development and investments leveraging SMEs and technical resources within the technology areas
- Act as the technology & solutions advisor for the CTO Leadership team
- Bring in emerging technologies relevant to meet the business need and keep the enterprise current and competitive in the industry
- Provide oversight and govern technology & services investments to bring most value for CoreTech and the enterprise
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 15+ years of managing and operating infrastructure services
- 5-7 years of management & technology consulting experience
- Proven experience of managing & delivering large scale transformative technology programs like software defined data centers, Enterprise data solutions
- 5+ years of experience in a globalpharma and/or life sciences company
- Good understanding of a breadth of technology areas, infrastructure, networking, data platforms, e-commerce platforms, Cloud solutions, open source technologies, database technologies, application development experience
- Proven experience in developing and conducting large scale RFPs for services vendor selection and technology selection; Proven experience in vendor contract negotiations
- Working experience knowledge of Agile methodologies, DevOps operating model, Architecture frameworks FEA, TOGAF.
- Proven experience ofbusiness case development and ROI and TCO models
- The candidate should have very good financial and accounting acumen.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- See Above
- Infrastructure Coding language: Python, chef, puppet
- DB platforms: Oracle, SQL and Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL
- Azure cloud platform, Azure Infrastructure services, Azure Data and analytics services
- Google Cloud solutions
- Analytics: SAP BI Tableau, Qlik, SIMCA etc.
- Data Warehouse & Big Data solutions: Teradata, SAP, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB
- ERP platforms: SAP, JDE
- Manufacturing solutions: MES, Historian, LIMS, CMMS
- Application development: ASP .NET, C++, ABAP, Java, SQL, web programming
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top