Senior Data Scientist
- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Jun 11 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution.
By disrupting our approaches to R&D and commercial business processes, D&A is allowing us to integrate, simplify and unlock all our data to drive innovation, decision making and enable our transformation in servicing our patients, healthcare professionals and consumers.
YOU would be responsible for the following:
As a GSK Global Commercial Data Scientist, you will lead and collaborate with others in GSK in discovery, development, scaling code based statically modeling, machine learning or artificial intelligence capabilities to be leveraged by global business units and local markets. The primary focus of your efforts will be on streamline strategic decision information, uncover new opportunities and automate the commercial execution ensure last mile value.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Partner with leaders from across the business to translate the company's business objectives, market opportunities & portfolio of offerings into a formal, cohesive global commercial strategy
- Apply a broad array of analytics skills including machine learning, statistics, text-mining/NLP, and modeling to extract insights from structured and unstructured data sources and complementary real-world & digital information streams to business challenges
- Developing and evolving core commercial models used across all analytics packages. Examples of the models will be: Multi-Channel Analytics, Patient Pathways, Omni-Channel Segmentation, Territory Design, Customer Targeting, Attribution Modeling, & Predictive Commercial Mix
- Design data test and learn experiments to drive personalized solutions across the customer journeys addressing key customer needs as well as enabling personalized experiences across each touch points through connective analytics
- Collaborate across business to prototype, launch and Iterate analytics capabilities that quickly scale globally
- Lead the development and implementation measurement planning aligning to strategy
- Lead the collaborate with local and global teams to ensure data driven decisions are embedded into business process.
- Automate analytics models and simplify information management
- Consult with markets, regions, and leadership on defining the business questions to apply to be answered with analytic and then pulled through for measured value.
We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If YOU have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- Bachelor's degree
- Hands on experience using Apache Spark, Python, R, SQL and Data Visualization tools
- Experience or understanding of end to end software tool/solution development and life cycle management
- If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree
- Ability to simplify the complex with a product development mindset
- Formalizing problems
- Story telling
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Applied digital marketing, sales, or customer analytics
- Knowledge of the data landscape in healthcare (EHR, claims data, real world data, HEOR data)
- Experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, or consulting
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and focused on delivering value quickly
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top