Senior Clinical Research Development Lead, Director (CRDL) Therapeutic
- Wavre, Belgium
Site Name: Belgium-Wavre
Posted Date: May 15 2020
Are you energized by the opportunity to partner with key leaders in global clinical development and to accelerate business performance and drive global operational support?
If so, this Senior Clinical Research Development Lead, Director (CRDL) Therapeutic role could be an ideal opportunity for you.
This position will be based in Belgium.
The Senior CRDL Therapeutic conducts Phase I-IV Clinical Development activities within a large program or group of related programs (led by a Clinical and Epidemiology Research & Development Project Lead - CEPL) or, for a mid-size program, to lead Clinical Development activities within the context of the GSK Vaccines process in order to ensure the high quality and on-time delivery of all clinical data that will allow world-wide registration in compliance with the clinical development plan, good clinical practices (GCP), and GSK Vaccines standard operating procedures (SOP).
- You participate at a senior level in Clinical Development activities for a series of studies within a large program or group of related programs or, for a mid-size program, lead Clinical Development activities.
- You serve as a scientific and management reference for the project (internally/externally)
- You are responsible for budget, resourcing and timing: you support the clinical team to consistently achieve high standards in attainment of project timelines in global programs.
- You provide support to Marketing/Business Development throughout product life cycle
- You actively follow-up the product-related Environment
- Medical Doctor degree
- Min 3 years' experience in pharmaceutical industry is required, specifically in Drug Development.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge in clinical research.
- ability to translate scientific skills in the field of vaccines and clinical research into business-driven strategies.
- Ability to work well within a matrix environment, balance priorities, and handle multiple tasks through good planning, project administration, and organization skills.
- Effective ability to prioritize tasks and deliver on deadlines, with high performance standards and a commitment to excellence.
- Strategic thinking skills and achievement oriented.
- Able to critically analyze information, identify strengths and weaknesses of approaches and develop remedial actions to mitigate risks.
- Ability to understand high level corporate and business objectives: rapid, flexible, innovative working and decision making
- Needs to possess highly effective communication skills and be capable of presenting ideas and data clearly to various audiences.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Previous experience in the field of pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, infectious diseases, clinical epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, and/or clinical vaccinology is an asset
- Previous vaccinology experience highly desirable
- Understanding of GCP and ICH guidelines; experience working with Regulatory functions (i.e. filing IND, BLA, CTD) is a plus
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diversified ethnic groups and ability to build rapport across the spectrum
- License to practice medicine and board and/ or professional certification is an asset
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top