Site Name: Singapore - Tuas
Posted Date: Nov 24 2021
Our Tuas site, one of only two GSK global vaccines manufacturing facilities worldwide, operates around-the-clock to manufacture the active ingredient used to make a GSK vaccine that protects children against pneumonia.
- As a Biotechnologist/Senior Biotechnologist in our Value Stream Bulk/Coupling team, you will participate in the preparation, operation and completion of assigned process stages to ensure the production of bulk drug substances.
- Working to the highest quality standards, you will ensure good housekeeping of our facilities, in line with cGMP, safety and environmental requirements. With a keen eye for process improvement, you will participate in continuous improvement activities to enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- You will also participate in new technology transfer and new process transfer.
- You will adhere to the production plan, ensuring batches are produced right first time, and be responsible for successful commissioning and qualification activities.
- You will comply with all relevant LSOP/Batch record requirements, performing timely review of documentation and participate in deviation investigation processes.
We look for people who appreciate the importance of safety and quality and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so you'll be someone who treats others with respect and integrity - as you will be treated yourself.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Nitec/Higher Nitec /Diploma in any chemical engineering /Biotechnology or life science.
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biologics, chemical or food manufacturing, or other regulated industry.
- Basic knowledge of cGMP with good quality mindset.
- Buffer and media preparation experience is an added advantage.
- Material and assembly preparation experience is an added advantage
- Experienced in Autoclave, washing machine and CIP
- Able to work in a cleanroom / sterile environment.
- A good team player.
- Good documentation and report writing skills.
- Able to work 12 hours rotating shift.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.