Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Jul 27 2021
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
This is an exciting time to join GSK. The world of global applications & development is changing. You will be part of a team that is building a robust GA&D framework and service, that will allow GSK to drive higher value by placing data at the core of their strategic and operational decisions. We will be embracing new technology that will improve the development, manufacture, and distribution of GSK's vital products to patients and consumers around the world.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following
The eForms Service is a global GSK service and includes the management of demand, delivery & support capabilities for an internally developed bespoke workflow environment, across all GSK business units. Aligned under Global Applications & Development (GA&D) this service currently provides business process workflow services for 25,000+ customers across 80 countries. The scope of this service includes the provision & support of any applicable business process which requires controls and compliance to a mandatory workflow.
In this role as an architect we envision you to perform activities related to defining and identifying what our platform should look like and then also drive creation of platform products (frameworks, microservices, reusable components) design activities. This role has a focus on the frameworks, microservices, reusable components and workflow platform Architecture required to make this global digital form and workflow platform a success.
- Technical Architecture: Related to the tech platform / stack piece, we would look for the ideal candidate to assist in formulating and defining overall platform architecture and associated specification of the data storage, data processing methodologies & approaches, cloud hosting and API's that will give this platform the best chance to succeed and ensure that we can continue to leverage and scale the tech stack for additional and future analytics initiatives.
- Data Architecture: Related to the data architecture piece, activities will include providing leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies and selecting the appropriate technology platforms; governance practices, and standards; and partnering with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates.
- Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
- Provide an overview of all the data sets within their domain and the relationships between those data sets
- Responsible for ensuring data is maintained across their enterprise in alignment and compliance with business and legal policies (e.g. related to retention)
- Facilitate the design of efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis, with an understanding of both business and technical requirements
- Excellent written and great communication skills and ability to communicate inherently complicated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Provides oversight and governance, technical direction, influence and domain expertise to delivery, support & DevOps teams, in delivery of solutions, both bespoke and COTS for a number of projects, programmes or changes
- Supports the eForms product team to design, develop and transition new applications into production, fostering and maintaining close links with infrastructure services colleagues
- Demonstrated experience as an architect (cloud, data, etc.) with expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
- Experience with data modeling and distributed data architecture concepts, knowledge of agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience; with a slight preference on experience and proven track record.
- Experience in technology architecture of cloud-based analytics and/or big data solutions and development of such solutions in a world-class innovative company.
- Experience of the Azure data components, Data Bricks, Azure DW/Synapse, Spark, ADL, Power BI. Talend/Streamsets is a must.
- Have experience of working in agile environment architecting and designing solutions in DEVOPS ways of delivery
- Experience with Data Science and Machine Learning approaches is a bonus.
- Possess an excellent understanding of business processes
- Demonstrated understanding of software life cycle development methodologies, DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Evidence of driving business results through IT innovation
- Strong Innovative Thinking and Leading People behavioral capabilities
- Demonstrated relationship management of Vendors and Service Partners
- Ability to work in a complex & matrixed organization setup with multiple reporting relationships
- Minimum - 5 years of experience in the following:
- .NET 4.5+
- Oracle 18c & Azure SQL, including PLSQL expertise
- Experience in developing cross-browser compatible web apps for all major browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari)
- Experience in cloud environments & cloud security
- Angular 8.0
- Preferred - 5-8 years of experience in the above, plus the following specific technologies:
- Microsoft's AJAX Extensions for .NET
- Experience in developing web apps for mobile platforms
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.