Senior and Principal Analytical Scientists
- Richmond, VA
Site Name: Richmond Sherwood
Posted Date: Mar 19 2020
Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral health, Pain relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/gastro-intestinal and Skin health categories.
We are one of the world's leading over-the-counter healthcare companies. We hold number one positions in Wellness across 36 markets and are market leaders in specialist oral care.
Our world-leading Consumer Healthcare business combines science and consumer insights to create innovative everyday healthcare brands that consumers trust and experts recommend.
Does the opportunity to work in Analytical Sciences for leading global brands with the fastest growing Consumer Healthcare organization excite you?
Being part of Consumer Health at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers and our patients MORE. We are ready, are you?
As we continue to grow our R&D center, we have many exciting opportunities for Principal, Senior, and Analytical Scientists.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- An engaged scientist who executes technical aspects of analytical development
- Acts as a scientific resource within the analytical team
- May use or develop novel hypotheses; new ideas and knowledge are used frequently
- Interfaces with internal and external partners such as Formulations and Quality
- Assists in the development of approaches to solving moderate problems
- Leads method development and validation activities with supervision
- Properly follows appropriate documentation procedures, including recognizing documentation issues and working with colleagues to resolve the issues in a timely manner
- Capable of troubleshooting moderately difficult instrumentation issues
- Successfully executes established procedures, methodologies and method validation transfer protocols with minimum supervision
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals, or related science.
- Some experience (5 -7 years, depending on education) in the area of analytical sciences in preferably the Rx, OTC or consumer products industry. (Ten years of experience needed at the Senior and Principal level)
- Proven ability to assist in developing scientifically sound and robust methods of analysis to be used for release and stability testing and complex problem solving •
- Knowledge of cGMP requirements related to analytical chemistry within product development. •
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MS Degree or PHD in related sciences
- Proven demonstration to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask.
- Ability to communicate problems and challenges in a clear and concise manner
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top