Senior Analytics and Data Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Sep 30 2020
At least 6 years of experience working on data-driven and data-informed application development, preferably covering structured / ERP data
At least 1 year of hands-on development experience in cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Recognised as the go-to data engineering SME, to work collaboratively and adapt to constantly meet the needs of their customers and deliver value to GSK
- Identifies appropriate cloud service offerings based on use cases
- Configures and uses cloud components (e.g. on Azure), including data storage, transformation/modelling, database/warehousing and reporting tools
- Builds flexible and streamlined data environments and automated pipelines for data provisioning from multiple source systems including SAP
- Develop sustainable data-driven and analytic solutions as part of an agile team, collaborate with a diverse group of individuals with a common goal
- Creates reusable enterprise data sets
- Fulfils day-to-day data needs of data scientists and other data users across the organisation
- Ensure compliance with GSK Procedures and Policies and assist with audit and validation requirements
- To ensure the group's compliance with GSK policies and procedures and that all aspects of the group's conduct are aligned with GSK's integrity principles
- Provide reliable and effective support to the Director of Operations where necessary to deal with escalations from the Operational support team for A&BI solutions
- Exhibits mastery over multiple domains - model and build of ETL, near real-time, data streaming solutions
- Has an intrinsic knowledge of standards and coding languages
- Provides technical guidance to team members
- Able to work with frameworks of a significant complexity
- Translate business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Build sustainable data driven solutions with new data technologies to meet the needs of our organisation and business customers
- Help to streamline an appropriate quality data supply chain for analytics that goes from experimentation into production.
- Look to leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organisation
- Look to leverage and establish data standards across the team and organisation
- Understand complex multi-tier, multi-platform, data distribution systems
- Help data scientists to prepare data and assist with initial data exploration steps
- Catalogue existing data sources
- Enable access to resident and external data sources
- To work closely with BI & Analytic Product Experts, Visualisation Engineers, Data Scientists to develop, test and enhance database architectures; to recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Demonstrate communication and influencing skills with key internal experts/stakeholders and strategic partners.
Relevant Skills or Licenses:
- Hands-on development experience on Microsoft Azure cloud services ie. Databricks, Data Factory.
- The ability to build reusable data pipelines using big data technologies (Spark, Databricks, or similar)
- Detailed knowledge of development as part of a Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline (e.g. using Jenkins)
- Familiarity with data science tools and concepts (e.g. data lifecycles, data cleaning)
- Expertise coding in data management, data warehousing
- Some expertise with Data Modelling preferred
- Familiarity with BI reporting solutions (e.g. PowerBI)
- Some expertise with agile ways of working preferred
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top