Senior AI/ML Engineer
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Jan 25 2021
Senior AI/ML Engineer
Location: Central London
At GSK we see a world in which advanced applications of Machine Learning and AI will allow us to develop novel therapies to existing diseases and to quickly respond to emerging or changing diseases with personalized drugs, driving better outcomes at reduced cost with fewer side effects. It is an ambitious vision that will require the development of products and solutions at the cutting edge of Machine Learning and AI. If that excites you, we'd love to chat.
We're looking for a Senior AI/ML Engineer to help us make this vision a reality. Competitive candidates will have a track record in developing SOTA deep learning models for solving challenging real world scientific problems. You should be an outstanding scientist with in-depth knowledge in modern machine learning.
You can convert vaguely described biological/drug discovery challenges into well-defined machine learning problem. You can independently execute and deliver full AI/ML driven solution from sourcing training data, design and implementing SOTA machine learning models, testing, benchmark and product driven research for model performance improvement, to shipping stable, tested, performant code and services in an agile environment.
Educational or professional background in the biological sciences is a plus but is not necessary.
The AI/ML team is built on the principles of ownership, accountability, continuous development, and collaboration. We hire for the long term, and we're motivated to make this a great place to work. Our leaders will be committed to your career and development from day one.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Graduate studies in Computer Science or Applied Math, undergraduate studies in Computer Science and relevant graduate studies in the life sciences with a focus on AI/ML techniques, or undergraduate studies in Computer Science and equivalent work history. Candidates with graduate studies in CS and biological sciences or equivalent work history will be highly competitive.
- Highly experiences in developing deep learning models
- An outstanding scientist, machine learning engineer, and software engineer. Demonstrate expertise and depth in at least one area and breadth across your expertise.
- Proficiency with standard deep learning algorithms and model architectures
- Familiarity with current deep learning literature and math of machine learning
- In depth knowledge in machine learning best practices, scalable training and deployment, model introspection and evaluation
- Advanced level in PyTorch, Tensorflow, or other deep learning frameworks
- Highly experienced/accomplished in software engineering with advanced skills in python and/or C++
- Experience with devop stacks: version control, CI/CD, containerization, etc.
- At least one peer reviewed publication
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD in Machine Learning
- Peer reviewed publications in major AI conferences
- Experience in design, development and deployment of commercial AI/ML software.
- Track record of contributing to open source projects
- Mentality of commit early and often, metrics before models, and shipping high quality production code
- Knowledge in disease biology, molecular biology and biochemistry
- Experience with biological data (e.g., genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics, etc.), clinical data (e.g., electronic health records, clinical images)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top