Security Incident Responder
- Rogers, AR
Site Name: USA - Arkansas - Bentonville
Posted Date: Mar 2 2020
This role will be a critical function responsible for helping mature and execute on the company's incident response (IR) playbook. This role will be part of a fast-paced operational area within the Cyber Security department. Engineers responsible for global incident response duties must deal with large amounts of data, working to quickly validate, assess, and mitigate current and potential risk to the company. An Engineer in this role must work across tools, data inputs and third-party intelligence to create actionable items which help increase the security posture for GSK. This role will work across business units, helping provide information security advice and guidance. This role must also help ensure the confidentiality and data integrity within the GSK network.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Assists and follows corporate incident response program and playbook
- Able to leverage various Security Technologies such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), Endpoint protection, and Data Loss Prevention
- Assist in management and coordination of security incident management program, including hands on coordination of highly critical incidents
- Work with internal and trusted external intelligence related to indicators of compromise (IOC's) to be converted to actionable information which can be used to strengthen corporate network security posture
- Provide appropriate escalation of information which enables visibility and decision-making process of InfoSec leadership team
- Works critical incidents through all phases of the incident management lifecycle
- Participates in design of forensics and analysis standards
- Responsible for registration of incidents and accumulation of statistics and/or metrics related to incident management
- Authors and provides input into the production of incident reports
- Perform special security projects on an ad hoc basis
- Assist in development of incident response capabilities, training, and tool validation
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of relevant experience dealing with cyber security incident response
- Knowledge of network topology and security to include data analysis, operating system attributes and other industry best practices related to cyber defense strategies.
- Strong technical experience including Linux/Unix.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented in both written and verbal communications.
- If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems
- Four or more years of relevant experience dealing with cyber security incident response
- GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GCFE, ACE, EnCE, CFCE
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top