- Bengaluru, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Aug 10 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution.
By disrupting our approaches to R&D and commercial business processes, D&A is allowing us to integrate, simplify and unlock all our data to drive innovation, decision making and enable our transformation in servicing our patients, healthcare professionals and consumers.
YOUR experience will provide Agile development direction, align with partners on roadmaps and requirements. YOU will be focused on delivering across the enterprise on these aspects.
- Building a self-organized and cross functional team
- Ownership and accountability of establishing agile values, methods, principles and practices for the delivery of products
- Ensure agile practices, principles, values are followed by the Scrum team
- Facilitating Scrum events Backlog refinement, Sprint planning, daily stand up, sprint review, sprint retrospective
- Coaching the team on estimation and planning methods and help team to choose right estimation methods and support them during the Product planning activities.
- Finding techniques for effective product backlog management
- Coaching and mentor the team as and when needed on Agile standards and Practices (Scrum or Kanban)
- Ensuring the product owner knows how to arrange the product backlog to Maximize value
- Ensuring the goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone in scrum team
- Removing impediments to the development team's progress
- Helping the development team to create high value products
- Working with other scrum masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Agile in the organization
- Identify opportunities to improvement in the processes and implement necessary changes to increase the productivity of the scrum team as well as the product value
- Responsible for promoting and supporting agile practices both within the scrum team as well as in the organization
- Defining and implementing required metrics to monitor and report on team capacity utilization, velocity tracking, product outcome, Product value delivered to customers etc.
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help build productive environment where team members own the product and enjoy working on it
- Building a trusted and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame or being judged with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
- Tracking product progress and reporting to all relevant stakeholders in the organization
- Help the team with communication outside the scrum team
As a Master in YOUR field you would need to have the following sills.
- Proven BI/DW hands on experience in any ETL/Reporting tool
- Good experience in implementing Agile practices (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience/Knowledge in Azure Cloud platform solutions and power BI will be of added advantage
- Proven experience in writing agile user stories with acceptance criteria and breaking them down into smaller tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge/experience in Lean IT process flows
- Knowledge/experience in ITSM processes will be of added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to coach, inspire and motivate people
- Experience in defining and tracking/reporting on metrics to measure product value, velocity etc
- Certification in scrum master is mandatory
- Training or certification in Agile Methodologies (Scrum and Kanban)
- BI technologies certifications (e.g. ETL/reporting tools) optional
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top