Scientist, Oncology Translational Scientist
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Apr 30 2020
The Oncology Experimental Medicine Unit (EMU) is seeking a Scientist, Oncology Translational Services. This individual will be responsible for leading human biological sample management (HBSM) activities to support clinical trials as well as biomarker and companion diagnostics activities. This role may also include support tissue bank projects (as needed). This function will work closely with a wide variety of functions including but not limited to clinical development teams, EMU scientists, CDx leads, Clinical operations leads, data management, and quality professionals.
• Review Clinical Trial Protocols and Informed Consent Forms
• Confer with key stakeholders and testing labs to prospectively define specimen requirements. Plan/set-up/execute sample management plans that are fit-for-purpose and align with sample management strategy
• Obtain Central lab quotes, review/approve central lab budgets/invoices; manage purchase orders
• Draft lab manual procedures and central lab statements of work managing central lab vendor
• Draft Site Communications and Training Materials; Train CRO and Internal Teams
• Track and manage sample quality/logistics/data across chain of custody throughout specimen lifecycle; coordinate shipments and perform timely sample reconciliation to support testing/analysis
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to define/deliver study-specific plans, data transfer agreements
• Provide support for other Oncology R&D Activities (e.g. Biomarker and CDx) as required
• Provide HBSM support for quality audits and vendor selection as needed
• Other Responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in a science or health related discipline
• 5+ years of experience in: clinical trial specimen management, laboratory, LIMS and Oncology
• Master's degree or equivalent experience
• Oncology background
Please use the cover letter to highlight how you meet the competencies for the role. Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application. Thanks for your interest in this opportunity.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top