Scientist Liquid Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry - Technical R&D
Site Name: Belgium-Rixensart
Posted Date: Oct 18 2019
The Belgian In-Process Analytics (IPA) team for Vaccine Drug Substance (VDS) is actively looking for a Scientist with a solid expertise in Immunoassays. The role of the In-Process Analytics team within the Drug Substance organization is three-fold:
1) To Develop fit for purpose methods/assays aimed to support process development activities and ultimately contribute to the process design selection/evaluation/characterization.
2) To Identify novel or consolidate analytical capabilities of the organization for vaccine development.
3) To Characterize/quantitate product antigens/Virus like particles or to identify and quantitate process-related impurities and develop assays to monitor process performance.
Our activities are covering a wide variety of processes (Fermentation, Cell culture, Viral production, purification, coupling) at different development stages (early to late development, Life Cycle).
- As a Scientist within the IPA group, you will integrate with a multidisciplinary team and you will be in close contact with experts in various analytical technologies (HPLC, Flow Cytometry, Immunoassays, Spectrophotometry, Process Analytical).
- Your mission will be focused on the development of Proteomics assays to support our Upstream/Downstream Process development colleagues in different research/development contexts (process development, process understanding, troubleshooting, Life cycle...).
- In addition, you will contribute to the establishment of our new High Throughput cell based assay platform aimed to automate and reduce our development timelines.
- You will contribute to the development and implementation of Proteomics assays (LC-MS label free, MALDI-Tof,...) to support VDS development activities.
- You will write the documentation associated to the development activities (development reports, protocols)
- You will train and supervise technicians/scientists in Proteomics.
- You will represent IPA-VDS internally (Preclinical and Technical R&D) and collaborate proactively with our preclinical and/or analytical method development colleagues.
- You will develop other analytical methods as needed.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in life science or equivalent experience with a solid experience in Proteomics and its package of associated tools (BioTools, Mascot, Peaks, ...).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- As the group is a multidisciplinary organization, the willingness to develop beyond the initial expertise is a prerequisite to apply to this position.
- English & French are a must, other languages a plus.
- Analytical mind-set.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in High Throughput technologies is an asset (eg. Liquid Handling systems such TECAN).
- Be curious.
- Be flexible and have the capacity to work with priorities.
- Have the capacity to work and communicate transversally and not in a silo environment.
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Our Department Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top