- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Sep 30 2020
Are you interested in joining a Molecular Analytics group within Analytical R&D department in the US?If so, we are looking for a highly motivated Scientist for this high impact role and the Scientist Molecular Analytics position could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Scientist, you will work with high-performing CMC scientists on industry disruptive technology platform. The primary role of this Scientist will be to design and develop analytical methods, using Quality by Design (QbD) principles, to support drug substance/drug product characterization, product and process development and/or, the development and transfer of release methods for GMP testing, for the entire local US products portfolio of Technical R&D. He/she will be involved in implementing NGS technology to enhance CMC platforms and has the opportunity to serve as Subject Matter Expert in NGS data analysis. The successful candidate will work in a highly collaborative environment and spend 50-70% of the time in the lab.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following :
- Develop, optimize, and qualify methods in preparation for execution to assess safety and quality of vaccine candidates.
- Work together with other Analytical Department teams to determine the quality control strategy and identify resources for method development. Support for validation activities and impact assessments.
- Streamline workflows related to method development, qualification, training, transfer, and comparability.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for molecular methods. Provide Regulatory support.
- Support new technology assessment and licensing activities.
- Prioritize the deliverables from multiple programs and competing interests
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master Degree with 5+ years' industry experience or PhD with
- Experience with nucleic acid analysis and wet lab experience with molecular biology and biochemistry techniques;
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Working experience with gene therapies or specifically mRNA based vaccines or therapeutics;
- Experience with analytical assay development, including release assay, characterization assay, GMP testing in industry settings;
- Experience or knowledge of working in an environment under regulatory compliance;
- Industry experience relevant to molecular testing and diagnostics;
- Experience with PCR, Real-time PCR, digital PCR, DNA and RNA isolation, DNA cloning, molecular probe techniques
- NGS sequencing experience with bioinformatics knowledge and skills is appreciated;
- Research experience in RNA biology field;
- Experience with nucleic acid formulation and bioprocess development.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top