Scientific Leader, Reproductive Toxicology
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Sep 15 2020
We are seeking a reproductive toxicologist to be based at our site in Collegeville, PA. This position will allow you to have a direct impact on drug development, with many opportunities for growth. You will be exposed to and gain experience in translating information from reproductive toxicology studies to clinical trial designs and product labelling. You will also gain experience working with public-private partnerships on novel issues faced by the pharmaceutical industry. We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate learning agility and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advising project team members on appropriate reproductive toxicology strategy for the drug candidate development plan
- Designing fit for purpose reproductive toxicology studies for drug candidates in development
- On site monitoring of studies conducted at contract research organizations which would include being accountable for the study protocol, conduct of the study and reporting on time with high quality.
- Conducting investigative studies to understand the adverse outcome pathways for unexpected reproductive toxicity
- Providing advice on new targets with a focus on reproductive toxicity issues and how to address it
- Support head of reproductive toxicology by responding to regulators and marketed product safety queries
- Pregnancy Labelling Support
- Influencing external scientific bodies that impact our science by participating in industry initiatives
- Driving the modernisation of repro tox science and skills
- Presenting at scientific conferences
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in toxicology or a related field
- Experience working with animal models
- Experience in the areas of reproductive physiology, developmental biology, embryology
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Background or experience with data mining skills, in silico risk assessment models for reproductive toxicity testing
- Five years of industry experience in drug development
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top