Scientific Investigator, Innate Immunity
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Aug 19 2020
We are seeking a highly motivated scientific professional with experience in cellular and molecular Immunology, with particular emphasis on the innate immune system. In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will support early drug discovery projects with a focus on developing new experimental approaches to interrogate the pharmacology of novel modulators of innate immune targets. The selected candidate will be expected to possess excellent communication and organizational skills, present results at project team meetings and mentor junior scientists.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Plan, design and execute experiments to support the current Innate Immunity RU portfolio
- Design and validate new assays and animal models to support new target identification
- Work closely with an in vivo team to support translational studies
- Maintain experimental records in an electronic notebook
- Communicate findings to multidisciplinary matrix teams
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD degree in Immunology or related field with 3+ years post-doctoral experience and a strong record of scientific publication. MS degree with 8+ years of pharmaceutical laboratory experience in Immunology, Pharmacology, and Molecular Biology.
- Strong technical cell based assay skills including: multi-color flow cytometry, primary cell culture, immune cell isolation from blood and tissue, and other functional cell based assays (eg. Innate cell biology)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with animal models of autoimmunity (RA, IBD, MS, Atopic dermatitis)
- Strong understanding of drug discovery processes, including small/large molecule development is desirable
- Experience with gene editing techniques (e.g. CRISPR)
- Independent, self-starting and supportive of team-based research.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet timelines while maintaining attention to detail and setting high performance standards.
- Ability to independently design experiments and deliver results in a timely fashion.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present results to multidisciplinary matrix teams, project leaders and senior management.
- Flexible, focused, enthusiastic, and highly motivated.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific data.
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top