Scientific Investigator, Infectious Disease
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Jan 17 2020
In Medicine Opportunities Research Unit (MORU), we are seeking an accomplished and talented Scientific Investigator with broad understanding of biological pathways and mechanisms to deliver new medicine(s) to treat patients suffering from the diseases manifested by viral infection. This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Executing compound testing and experiments to determine the antiviral and/or immunological responses of novel compounds or mechanisms
- Designing and implementing preclinical experiments to determine compound mechanism of action
- Develop and test antiviral and/or host-targeting strategies
- Establishes and maintains a detailed knowledge of current relevant literature
- Interacting with external research organizations when appropriate
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MS in infectious diseases, virology, immunology or a field relevant to pathogen/host interactions
- >3yrs hands-on experience working with infectious pathogens in preclinical systems with high performance standards
- Self-motivated and able to resolve technical challenges and deliver consistent results efficiently in a timely manner
- Effective communication (both verbal and written) of scientific ideas and results to internal groups and program teams. Skills in interpreting results and drawing conclusions through independent working and with supervision
- Demonstrated capability to address critical path biology activities of the research projects
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD preferred
- Understanding of drug discovery via previous experience in biotech/pharmaceutical projects
- Previous experience in virus infection models and familiarity with the virus/host interaction landscape and immunology
- Knowledge and experience in immunological assays to probe disease relevant mechanisms
- Demonstrated productivity and impact through laboratory contributions to multiple projects
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
GSKBiopharm_Development (for R&D)
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top